Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

I had to stop after finishing row 6. That’s when I ran out.

2 Likes

Yes, one of those!

3 Likes

@Lynx - I love the colours on that lined pouch

9th Feb

Made some cheese and mustard sauce to go with the remaining pretzel bites, but really not pretty enough for a photo! And worked on my cross stitch some more.

4 Likes

I’ve spent most of my day running errands and doing chores :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Bleck! I finally ate some “breakfast” around noon 45… But I feel accomplished with all the boring stuff out of the way so hopefully I can get crafty (after some more coffee) :smile:

4 Likes

Day 9: Cheesy biscuit sandwiches to go with last night’s leftovers. I used a riff on the 2 Ingredient Pretzels recipe for the biscuits.

7 Likes

I got hit with a headache that knocked me down for the count for a few hours today…crafting prob not happening. I’ll just have to make up for it later.

3 Likes

Hope you feel better, @abbeeroad! Take care of yourself…I am sure you will make up for it 100 times over…lol!

Well, after at least four different tries, I finally finished my cowl in my quest to destash some yarn just like @Lynx …love the pattern but hate the yarn…too stiff and not drapey enough for the pattern…yeah, took a picture and now I am going to frog it and put it back into stash :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

All that work just to frog it? It looks really regal with those colors. I like that you had enough yarn to have enough tails to make the weave look better.

1 Like

Can’t it be donated? It’s an interesting pattern!

I have come to the realization that the stash is simply not going to fit into the new space so today’s project is to move overflow to the basement and just dedicate myself to working through the UFOs and supplies until it does fit where it’s meant to live. I can do it! I have faith…

4 Likes

The bulky yarn is really stiff…I think it was meant to be used in making something like baskets…I won’t donate something I wouldn’t wear myself…it feels like a cervical collar, actually… hey, I learned a new pattern and I do have softer yarn that is not as bulky but will work…and the pattern is now memorized…lol

2 Likes

Ah well, it was good practice.

I just remembered this! There’s more to do but I have wound a lot.

8 Likes

My free time will be up any minute… I made some progress on the denim project but had to put it away before the little one comes home (I’d rather not have him experiment with the serger or pins). I also made most of a 4"x6" art! Woo hoo! So I’m counting that as my “thing” even though it’s not 100% finished. :smile:

6 Likes

Aaaaaaand done! I have an officially finished thing for today! :kissing_heart: No picture because it will be for the 4x6 swap but I do have a Queen song stuck in my head now :joy:

5 Likes

I made a lot more progress on my elephant today! It’s got all four limbs and a body and they’re even in one piece!

3 Likes

I worked on making some more of the little heart booklets. I am planning on having a bunch for the students I work with to be able to decorate one. There will be valentines parties so now they will have something fun to do.

3 Likes

Monday’s bagels (sourdough tomato basil):

Yesterday I made corn and scallion pancakes to use up some discard:

And I also started a little embroidery, sketched the outline and found my colors:

12 Likes

I did nothing yesterday except for about 15 minutes of cross stitch. But I will make up for it tonight. I had a long day today, I just came home, Mr Imma made dinner before he went off for his nightshift, so I will heat up my food and then it’s crafting time until bed! I will probably do more cross stitch and maybe a bit of sewing or knitting.

6 Likes

Those bagels sound (and look) sooo good!

3 Likes

Do you always embroider your pieces with them in the hoop that way? I’ve always hooped them the other way, but they get loose in the hoop and I have to constantly readjust. Do most people hoop that way when embroidering and I’ve just been backwards all this time?

1 Like

I hoop that way as well when working my pieces and then flip them if I am using the hoop for display.

Two reasons…when the bigger hoop is underneath, you are constantly pushing against the bottom, keeping your work tighter…and I find when the screw thingy is on top, my thread gets caught on it more…I keep it to the left of me, not at the top, because I stitch right handed most of the time…

Try it and see if it makes a difference for you…

3 Likes