Huckleberry and Vanilla Cupcakes

So once a year I pretend I’m a professional baker and make a pro-looking dessert for a non-profit where I live for their big annual dinner. During the dinner they do a big auction, as well as a dessert auction for the winners to enjoy after the amazing dinner. So last year I made cupcakes for this event. My mom had passed the year before and I decided to honor her with some huckleberry flavored. I love making cupcakes, so I did vanilla cupcakes filled with huckleberry jam and a vanilla and huckleberry buttercream frosting on top. My mom loved huckleberries and was a phenomenal picker. You can only pick these berries in the wild up in the mountains in the pacific northwest. They are similar to a blueberry, but smaller and a bit more tart. I have so many huckleberries still in my freezer from my mom and my huckleberry picking trips. So, it was with her huckleberries that I made this dessert.

After I baked the cupcakes I used a 1/4 rounded teaspoon to scoop out a divot to hold a dob of homemade huckleberry jam. I used some of the jam to flavor the vanilla buttercream, as well. I topped with some gold and silver shiny sprinkles and some candy pearls into the flowers.

14 Likes

They’re so pretty! :slight_smile: :cupcake:

1 Like

Gorgeous cupcakes! They sound delicious, too, and so sweet that they were made with mom-picked huckleberries.

1 Like

These are beautiful! And how sweet you are to share some of those precious mom-picked huckleberries for the cause!

1 Like

These are gorgeous! They really look like they’re from a fancy cupcake bakery. Huckleberries and huckleberry picking is a big thing in Western Montana as well, so it’s extra neat to hear about your mom’s love of them and acumen for picking.

1 Like

These are so beautiful on their own, but even more lovely in their story. Lovely.

1 Like

They are gorgeous and look absolutely delicious. A wonderful way to honor your mom! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Wow, those look incredible!

1 Like

They look beautiful! I’m sure they caused some serious bidding!

1 Like

These look sp pretty :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Pretend? These look so good!

1 Like

Yum! Those look deliciously gorgeous!

1 Like