Hummingbird and Clematis Twisted Fabric Rope Wreath

Several months ago, I did a personal swap with @storerboughtcreation and she crocheted me this cute hummingbird amigurumi.

I wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted to do with it yet, so it just kinda hung out with my newest Little Visitors while I thought about it.

I’ve been working on fabric twine wreaths again to try to use up some of my scrap t-shirt stash, and decided to try the round green foam wreaths, too. I wrapped this one in 3 shades of blue, hot gluing to the top of the wreath form on every turn.

I attached each wing of the hummingbird and it’s bottom feathers with a tiny amount of thin wire for sturdiness, then a couple dabs of hot glue.

I knew it needed a little more, so I decided that I would add some clematis flowers, as I just love watching my clematis (below) bloom!

20200519_130810980×2016 954 KB

To make my crochet clematis, I followed the Narcissus petal pattern in the book “100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet” because the clematis pattern was in knit and I needed to crochet. To make the inside part, I made a ring with 6 stiches, then sc 8 stitches around, then I made 8 chs of 8 ss each to the base of the sc. I used a strand of light pink and hot pink (it was from my late grandmother’s yarn collection) to make the variegated pattern.

Thanks for looking, and thanks Jaime for such a cool hummingbird!

15 Likes

Awww! It looks great. What a fun idea.

2 Likes

It’s super cute! :heart:

1 Like

This is so charming! Love it.

1 Like

Adorable! :slight_smile: :hibiscus:

1 Like

I love it! What a great idea to combine the crochet and the twisted fabric.

It is really a nice way to showcase your beloved hummingbird! The blue is striking with your pink clematis flowers!

So sweet! Great way to show your hummingbird off!

As soon as I saw the title, I had no doubt as to who had posted this project :grin:. I really like the addition of the clematis flower. This is a great way to both showcase the hummingbird and use up your fabric twine!

1 Like

You are just so friggin creative! I love that you “saved” the hummingbird till a project spoke to you to include it in.

1 Like