Hummingbird Zip Pouch in hand-printed fabrics

February’s stitchalong theme was “Live in Love” so I chose to embroider a hummingbird as it’s prettt common knowledge I’m a “hummingbird hoarder!”
Since it was for the stitchalong, I had the hummingbird stitch a whimsical line with a heart.

I decided to use this pretty reddish-orange hand-painted fabric made by @edel in a monoprint on fabric swap on the dead site. It makes me think of a sunrise/sunset. I paired it with a leafy green printed fabric from @jemimah from the same swap. The green zipper matches so perfectly.

Close up of detail work on the hummingbird.

Well, this project wouldn’t be complete if there wasn’t more Lettuce collaboration, so the liner fabric is a prett floral gifted to me by @SonjaBoo when we were met up this summer (she lives one town over from family I was visiting!)

Final bag size is 7.5" by 8.5" and has midweight interfacing on outside fabrics.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this project!

24 Likes

That was quick! It came out nicely.

2 Likes

What a great use of the fabrics! (And beautiful stitching, obviously. :heart:)

2 Likes

Nice! I love the shared collaboration that made this happen!

2 Likes

Lovely!

You’re so fast!! And it’s so beautiful! All the love, all in one place!!

:four_leaf_clover: :metal: :shamrock:

1 Like

@JoyfulClover and @thanate Thanks! Yea, now that the kiddos are older, they keep themselves occupied with video games and books, so more time to craft. Plus, it was lucky we had a snow day!

@Jeanne, thank you!

@aimr, thank you! LC collaboration is so fun, isn’t it?

@wittychild, Thank you so very much!

3 Likes

Wonderful variety of crafts involved in the making of this! The embroidered hummingbird turned out beautifully.

2 Likes

Oh wow!! I love the way your darling hummingbird brings the monoprinted fabrics together!!

2 Likes

great pouch. your hummingbird looks awesome

2 Likes

I love all the collaboration that went into this project! Your bag came out beautiful, I think the hummingbird wings are my favorite part.

2 Likes

Awesome embroidered pouch…love the monoprinted fabrics you used :smile:

2 Likes

This is fabulous. And I love how you stitched the world together in this pouch. Three continents represented.

4 Likes

I love every bit of this. The hummingbird is beautifully done, the fabrics you used are a appealing and coordinate well, but the special meaning behind all the pieces make this a truly special project.

2 Likes

This is beautiful! I love the way it turned out.

2 Likes

It came out so great!!

2 Likes

Ooh, I hadn’t even realized that! You’re right. Even more cool!

1 Like

O M G absolutely gorgeous!! <3

2 Likes

Beautiful stitching, and I love the combination of prints!

1 Like

Congrats! Your zippy pouch is one of this week’s featured projects! Way to go!

3 Likes