Husband's Christmas Socks

Men’s Funny socks, Size 11 (US)

I bought this yarn (Hobbii: Christmas sock wool glitter) with the intention of making socks for last Christmas. I wasn’t able to cast-on until sometime in December, so instead I considered it my “Seasonal Crafting Item” for me to work up Christmasssy yarn without panic-knitting to hit a deadline. The pattern is Vanilla Socks for Dad by Meghan Shufelt (Link to Ravelry).

There are some wonky spots, but for a seasonal amusement I think they’ll do alright. I can’t see him wearing them more than a handful of times.

Thanks for looking!

15 Likes

You did it, yeah!

2 Likes

I did! Who’da thunk I’d post 3 finished projects in the same month?? I don’t even recognize myself right now haha

3 Likes

I love them so much, they are beautifully seasonal & sparkly.

1 Like

Thank you! That shiny thread running through gave me a run for my money- I was using gold knitting needles, too! I kept thinking I had a stitch going only to discover I had been just rubbing the needles together like a bad cartoon knitter. lol

2 Likes

These are awesome!

1 Like

They ended up really nice! After all that work you put in, I hope he at least wears them every Christmas from now on!

2 Likes

Thank you, both!

They came out awesome!

1 Like

Thank you!

These are great! Congratulations and finishing! And wow, it takes a certain commitment to craft along with a love of the recipient to do all this for something you can’t see him wearing more than a handful of times. IMPRESSIVE.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

They came out sooo great!! Love the stripey, glittery goodness! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you! The yarn was definitely cheery to work with, if a bit hard on my not-young eyes lol :older_woman:t2:

1 Like