Husband's Hermes Hat

Finally got around to knitting my husband a bright hat for when he goes running. Here is the Hermes Hat, knit with Cascade Longwood Sport that I got on clearance about a year ago at least.

Ravelry Project page

I knit the largest size for him, but the ribbing makes it versatile for many heads. I could comfortably wear this if needed, without it looking funny.

29 Likes

I love that it has a slight cable! It looks like he loves it!

3 Likes

Very pretty with that cabled accent! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the scale of the ribs and that little twisty bit! Great color, too!

2 Likes

So smart!

2 Likes

This looks great! I really like the pattern and the ribbing is always nice for sizing on hats. The little cable pattern almost looks like a wing, so it’s perfect for a runner. :slight_smile:
Cascade Longwood is super soft and should be nice to wear! When it was discontinued a year or two ago, I got about 6 balls of the worsted weight Longwood on clearance so I could knit a sweater. I’m trying to work through my stash this year, so maybe I’ll finally get to it!

1 Like

Great color for safety and I love the twist of the ribbing. Gives it a sportier look.

1 Like

Nicely done all around, but the slanted cables to make Hermes/Mercury’s hat wings are particularly glorious! Such a tiny detail, but exceptionally effective while not falling into costume-y territory. I bet your husband feels awesome running around in it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Wonderful detail and looks like a perfect fit!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

What a fantastic hat! I really like the bright orange.

1 Like

Great hat! and looks great on, too :slight_smile:
I agree, good colour for safety :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh. I just read the title and that definitely is a wing! I’m an idiot. I thought it was a leaf at first. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool looking- the wing sets it apart for sure!

1 Like

Agree! A wing! Love that side detailing!

I have to admit that I didn’t see the “wing” and connect it with Hermes until after the husband put it on his head and asked where the cable should be facing. LOL!

1 Like

Love the subtly! What a fun touch. You did a great making it!

1 Like

:point_right: WOOHOO! Your awesome project is a featured project this week! :point_left:

1 Like