I ❤ soccer (jersey) wreath

I’ve been on a fabric twine wreath kick, and here I go again. This time, I’ve used scraps from all the soccer jersey colors my kids have ever since my daughter started playing rec soccer when she was 4.

I20200314_145747

I created a rainbow pattern. Some of the jerseys are cotton, others are dryfit. This was my first square wreath and the corners were a little tricky to figure out how to weave.

I painted this Home is where your heart is wood cutout that I got at Hobby Lobby. I traced a soccer ball pattern onto the wood then painted. My attempts at a free draw were not good.

I chose a bunch of pictures of the kids and my hubby reffing, and went into Photoshop where I edited them into black and white, and gave a pop of color–their jersey! I’m blurring for safety:
Soccer-Frame-Front

I used made them into a collage that I glued with modge podge onto the black wood frame. I glued the black frame with E6000 to the wreath, and let dry overnight. Then, I took picture hanger wire, and wove a protection to the back that dh stapled to the frame:

Soccer-Frame-Back

This will be for my mother in law for Christmas.

Thanks for checking it out!

12 Likes

Cute AND sentimental… YEY!

1 Like

This is such a cool idea! I’ll bet it looks great when you fill it up with photos. You are such a boss getting your Christmas presents done in March!!!

2 Likes

Such wonderful colors. It is so you!

1 Like

That turned out Great!
How about thread wrapping the corners before wrapping with the fabric twine? Might give coverage as well as a less slippy surface to cling to.

2 Likes

Very Beautiful! I like the soccer ball painted on the heart!

1 Like

I finally completed this entire project! Look:

2 Likes