#ILL-Lettuce: A Belated LC Meetup Journal

Last year, I was fortunate enough to go to the LC Meetup in Champaign, IL (an event I started mentally referring to as “ILL Lettuce,” ILL being the former postal code for Illinois). At the time I gathered a bunch of stuff to make a travel journal and then eventually. . .didn’t, and was fine with it. Recently, though, I was going through that folder of stuff looking for something for another project and decided to revisit the idea.

The cover is made from the box of granola bars I took to snack on, covered in wrapping paper from the gift exchange. I think it’s the paper from the item I opened (from Mistress Jennie), but I can’t be sure. You’ll be shocked to know I ended up with some of the other people’s wrapping as well :laughing:. The cover image is from an issue of The Workbasket I bought on our trip to the Idea Store. I have affectionately named her Lady Brunny.

The interior pages are all bits related to the trip: my hotel keycard holder, my packing list, the aforementioned wrapping (calendar pages), the bag of chips I bought on the way home, the coffee-dyed pages that didn’t make it into my gift exchange offering. I bound them in using some of the embroidery floss from the favors Jennie provided.

Then I started adding some of the bits and bobs.

Pocket sewn shut with more of the floss

A playing card I bought at the Idea Store covered with one of the LC mascot fabric offcuts.

This isn’t an exhaustive flip through; a lot of the pages are still blank. I’m now also revisiting my plan to not print trip photos, but frankly it might be another year before I get to that, so I’m calling it finished. Thanks for looking (from me and Lady Brunny)!

13 Likes

Your Lady Brunny notebook is the epitome of LC crafting!

2 Likes

That’s awesome!!! What a great way to celebrate a great trip.

2 Likes

Thanks, friends!

I love this so much!!!

1 Like

Your obsession with Brunny cracks me up every time!

3 Likes

This is really cool! What a great memento!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

I just love the LC zeitgeist around him.

2 Likes