Invite Your Partner 2023 swap, Sign up Jan 14 – Feb 4, SEND OUT EXTENDED TO MAR 25

This is awesome! Thank you!!

I would say my favorite crafted item is the quilt my Nana made. I have a bunch of them and they remind me of her.

4 Likes

I have two items, but I will need confirmation from my mom as to if my grandma or great-grandma made them.

I have a half-knitted pink mitten came with a collection of knitting needles, box, and yarn that was given to me by my grandpa when he noticed that I had learned how to knit competently. I put it in a shadow box.

I also have an embroidered pillowcase that had been torn at some point, but I love the stitching so I use it as a little hanging on a shelf in our bedroom.

6 Likes

My favorite crafted item is probably the end table I made in 8th grade shop class. We had to rotate through electives and that was one we had to take. Its still holding up after more than 30 years! It’s super basic, but still functional.

8 Likes

An end table – that’s hardcore! Our big project in 8th grade shop was a table lamp.

4 Likes

We did a shelf. Home Ec was a quillow! Both of mine are lost to the ages…love that you and @Kwality570 still have these projects!

3 Likes

I made these for my hubby one year for Christmas. He’s a huge Harry Potter fan. He absolutely loves them! I had never done anything like that before, it was fun creating them. Other then that i can’t think of anything else I’ve kept. Everything I’ve done has always gone to others as gifts. Here are some pictures he had taken of them.
20230314_060527
20230314_060423
20230314_060345
20230314_060241
20230314_060132

6 Likes

My supply package that was supposed to come on Monday is now lost in USPS somewhere with no ETA so I’m happy to have the extra week! I’ll have a look through my stash and see if I have anything that will work since I was hoping to work on the project today.

5 Likes

My package is with Mr. Road for sending today! A couple extra little things just jumped into the box on its way out the door…

5 Likes

Thank you for the extra week! Now i can breath… A little! :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

4 Likes

Yes, thank you. I have been very tired in the evening this week. It’s spring break.

4 Likes

I’ve slowed down production with the send out date extended :sweat_smile: but I’ll try to get back to it this evening! I’m alllllmost done :grin:

2 Likes

I finished up the last thing I wanted to get done, now I just need to find a box and get to the post office!

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll be late sending, even with the extension. With my hamstring injury, I’m just not able to tolerate long periods of crafting yet. I’m making progress, just way slower than I’d hoped.

3 Likes

There’s no hurry on my end! I know it will be worth the wait. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

HEY EV-ERY-BODY! It’s time to vote in the Spring Is In The Air Challenge! Get on over there before the poll closes on March 27, 2023!

1 Like

It looks like I’ll be sending out tomorrow on time, as long as I’m able to find a suitable container to ship.

6 Likes

Mine is going out today as we speak! Mr is on his way to the PO now.

5 Likes

Hi everyone! Sendouts are today, and I’ve already received messages from many of you who have sent. If you haven’t already, please remember to message me when you send and when you receive. And please just keep in touch if you have had any hold ups and need to send a little late.

I’ll make sure to update the list by tomorrow, I’m popping now, but I’ll sit down and go through and check it all later on.

Hope you’re all having a happy weekend!

1 Like

@gozer and @irid3sc3nt, I think handmade quilts and knits from family are like warm hugs you can keep forever :sparkling_heart:

@Kwality570, that’s so impressive you’re still using your end table - made to last!

@Juju your Harry Potter pieces are fabulous!!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes