Invite Your Partner 2023 swap, Sign up Jan 14 – Feb 4, SEND OUT EXTENDED TO MAR 25

I usually craft in silence (it’s a rare commodity in my life! :rofl:) or I’ll have Pandora playing on my phone, my most go-to channels are David Bowie, Queen, and Broadway Show Tunes :heart:

5 Likes

Sometimes it’s nothing, but mostly I listen to music through my phone on YouTube cuz I don’t want my laptop taking up a bunch of precious space. The other day I was listening to Daft Punk, The Cure, Cocteau Twins, Shakey Graves, it’s all over the place.

5 Likes

Awe, The Cure! They will forever be in my heart and playlist.

4 Likes

I have that weird ADHD brain that needs something coming into it all times. Silence is distracting. Lately I have been listening/watching old Forensics Files episodes while I craft.

4 Likes

I have that on in the background while working. I’ve seen them all so I don’t have to pay attention and the narrators voice is nice to listen to

4 Likes

Exactly this for me too. Even at work I have my headphones on because otherwise, it’s so hard to concentrate!

I have recently been listening to audiobooks when I craft. I used to listen to a handful of my go to shows that I’ve seen a million times, but I just finished all of them!

4 Likes

I am also listening to the book Braiding Sweetgrass. It is a non-fiction book written by a woman who is a botanist and also indigenous from the Potawatomi tribe. I didn’t think it would be that interesting, but she has really challenged me to examine how I view the natural world through my lenses of a white person and a science teacher. I highly recommend her. She is engaging and writes in everday, non-sciency language. Here is the book summary:

5 Likes

We’ve got a copy on our bookshelf, that one was worth buying.

2 Likes

currently working through “i am a killer” or whatever its called on the netflix. its between that and silence. or i’ll listen to the radio station in the town my kid goes to school in for something different.

3 Likes

I usually don’t have anything on but at times for background noise I’ll put on something that I’ve seen multiple times, usually an anime. That way I don’t feel like I’m missing something.

3 Likes

Yay! One partner’s package just made it through customs in their country. My other partner’s package location is anyone’s guess. May the international shipping gods be in our favor.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing all your music, TV, and podcast companions! Reminded me of some old faves, and also gave me some new recommendations to find that sound brilliant!

Another week has rolled around so fast! How’s everyone getting on? I hope you’re enjoying some crafty time, I’ve been making good progress here, in between work busyness.

Second check in question
What’s something you’re looking forward to? an event? a holiday? seeing an old friend? an exciting new project?

I’m looking forward to seeing Björk live in a few weeks. I’ve never seen her perform live before (I don’t go to lots of concerts), but my hubby found out she is coming to the Perth festival and got tickets. And even better, I’m going to have a real life LC meetup with @mellybelly81 while I’m in Perth :smile:

12 Likes

How awesome! Both Bjork and @mellybelly81 are way cool. :smile:

I’m not sure I’m looking forward to it, but we are headed to Disney World in April. It’s going to be busy and the planning has become my second job (I may have made a spreadsheet), but my daughters are going to lose their minds with excitement and joy, so I’m sure it will all be worth it.

This is also the year my fellow ‘83 babies turn 40. We have lots of celebrating in the next few months, including a 90s themed party in March I’m already planning outfits for! :laughing:

11 Likes

Looking forward to spring!
:blossom: :cherry_blossom: :tulip: :hibiscus: :bouquet: :rose:

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to the LC meetup this summer!

7 Likes

I am looking forward to my current work project to be over. It’s soul-draining.

9 Likes

I have a friend visiting next month that I am excited about, and more daylight. It hasn’t been a really cold winter, so I won’t complain about that. My biggest issue is the lack of light. It is slowly getting better, each day a fraction better.

@geekgirl - Sending you good vibes. You got this!

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to the weekend so I can get crafty! :art:

10 Likes

Honestly, same. Mine isn’t soul-draining, but I’m so over it.

8 Likes

I’m looking forward to spring and warmer weather too! I need more sunshine in my life!
:sun_with_face: :sun_with_face: :sun_with_face: :sun_with_face: :sun_with_face:

7 Likes