COMPETE Invite Your Partner 2024 Swap - NEW SEND DATE - Send Out April 2

I need something from a stupid store that closes at 5:30, I work across town until 5 :confused:
Aside from that, I could keep going or I could be finished, I dunno. Cooped up in the house all long weekend, I kinda got a lot done. I have a bit of special fabric left & a couple more ideas tho. What to do… what.to.do. That store will have to wait until Saturday. I might as well keep going, right?

3 Likes

Heh, I know the feeling. I finished a piece for @jemimah and I could stop there…but I keep looking at it and thinking “it needs more ____.” And possibly a bell. There’s that point where you go from “that’s nice” to “evrything in my craft room is on this thing” and it’s a fine, fine line. :joy:

7 Likes

Ahaha!! You can never have too much ________!!! :joy_cat:

6 Likes

big crafts are done. Now the little ones and finishing touches and they are ready to take on our trip

4 Likes

I started sketching for one project but still have a ways to go. I should probably stop procrastinating :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just posted my piece from @bluebird in the gallery! You should check it out!!!

GALLERY!

7 Likes

spent all weekend sick with the plague, but felt well enough to start a thing late sunday…is coming along swimmingly…which mean i’m sure to be jinxing it now!!

5 Likes

I started a thing last night that I am really liking! We have to get the house ready for guests this weekend but maybe I’ll have time to get this done. Hope so!

3 Likes

My idea actually kind of looks in execution like it did in my head! I’m nowhere near done, but I’ve been making steady progress the last few days.

5 Likes

Sewing instead of cleaning, what.EvEr! Almost done, just need to run out for more binding. Or I’ll make some tomorrow.

3 Likes

I think I’m nearly there!!

3 Likes

Things finally made it through the kiln!

4 Likes

Hello friends!! We’re about three weeks from sendouts now - a good amount of time still, but we’ll need to keep our eyes on the calendar too! (I’m mainly talking to myself here lol)

I’m a bit overdue with a check in question sorry (just generally busybusy), but I hope you’re all tracking along nicely with wherever you’re at. Of course we’ve had senders already, yay!

Check in question -

Is there a craft or skill that you’d like to learn? What appeals to you about it? Are you planning to give it a try?

I would like to learn oil painting. I love painting with watercolours, but there’s different effects and styles of painting that would work much better in oil, particularly for painting people. I’ve had a go a few times over the years, and liked it, but I’ve never really put the time in and seriously worked on it. I have been eying up an online course over the last few months - so it’s about time I took the plunge!

6 Likes

I have several: glass blowing, pottery making, and stained glass. I love the look of each…and in each case they require advanced equipment and skills I don’t have access to.

In my perfect world, a makerspace with full facilities and reasonable membership prices would open near my house :laughing:.

6 Likes

Oh man, me too! Glass blowing, pottery making, stained glass. Also leather work, metal smithing, carpentry. Dreams. I will learn to knit though.

4 Likes

I’d like to try woodturning and do more weaving (have taken only 1 class).

4 Likes

I’ve been researching historic pottery reconstructions with local clay (tho not so much over the winter, since I’m trying to keep the clay dust outside the house…) and that leads to local fiber plants and basketmaking from my weeding…

5 Likes

All of them. I’ve never met a craft I didn’t want to learn :joy:

I’m taking figure drawing and into to acrylics in the Spring and I’m excited. I’ve played around with acrylics in mixed media but not really to make actual paintings. I’ve got oils on my list but think I’ll probably stick with acrylics for the foreseeable future given my working space. I know they’ve got some great medium options for acrylics now so planning to play around with those some as well.

On my someday maybe list is wheel throwing. I’ve always been fascinated by it but I know it’s pretty physical so I need to get to a spot where I’m confident my body can handle it before signing up for a class.

At some point I’d like to do more wood turning. We took an intro class a few years ago and it was really fun. The instructor was so impressed with how well I took to it that he made me promise I’d keep doing it (so far I’ve let him down). The issue I have with wood turning, and a lot of crafts, is I only need so many bowls and turned objects and I don’t want to start selling so I feel like I’d run out of things to make quickly.

4 Likes

Oh my… this is a long list for me!

I would love to learn stained glass, cabinetry, wood turning, weaving, crochet, woodcarving, lacemaking, and would love lots and lots of drawing and painting classes. Too many interests and not nearly enough time! :rofl:

I might get some drawing or painting classes in, and with any luck I will learn to crochet before I die.

4 Likes

What’s holding you back? A couple hours, a ball of yarn, a crochet hook, and YouTube and you’ll be crocheting in no time!

5 Likes