It’s All About Pink, with a Touch of Dinosaur

This was our oldest grand daughter’s Christmas present. She’s 3 1/2, loves pink and, thanks to her daddy, also loves dinosaurs. The second block from the left on the bottom row is full of dinosaurs. When you turn it around, you’ll find …

A single pink dinosaur, which I think she liked more than the front.
Her name is stitched there, too, but I partially blacked it out. I smiled when I saw how the bows and heart from the front almost lined up under our names.

I used a stack and whack method for half the squares and left the rest whole fabric. My new sewing machine has many stitches for quilting and I used several.

24 Likes

So cute! I love the dino! <3

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

I love it, and I’m sure she was absolutely gleeful!

1 Like

Love the color!

1 Like

I wrapped it in dinosaur Christmas paper and made sure the dinosaur fabric was the first thing she’d see. When she saw that, she looked at our son (her daddy) and said, a dinosaur blanket? with an excited look.

3 Likes

I love it, you did a great job and the different stitches look fab.

1 Like

It’s adorable!

1 Like

I love how you made use of so many if your new stitches, they look great! The entire quilt looks super snuggly and the dinosaur on the back is the perfect finishing touch!

1 Like

What a perfectly pink dinosaur quilt! It’s charming!

1 Like

Oh my gosh! How perfect!

1 Like

You always need a touch of dinosaur! Love it!

1 Like

I love this. I may have to steal the idea for the back. I love how it its dinosaur without having to endlessly make so many of them. Its perfect!
I can see a pillowcase with a dino on it to make it a completely dinosaur set. Its amazing!

3 Likes

It’s beautiful! A very modern design, bright and appealing to a 3,5 year old girl but not childish so she will still love it 5 or 10 years from now.

1 Like

My original plan had been many dinosaurs but that seemed like too much work. The dinosaur pattern is from Elizabeth Hartman. Talk to me if you decide to make one.

@Immaculata my thought exactly.

2 Likes

I’ll have to hit you up soon. My fake aunt is settling up a quilting machine above my garage and is giving me unlimited use of it for the space. I am going to have to learn to quilt and I love dinosaurs!

3 Likes

Congrats! Your Dino Quilt is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like