It's Snowing in FL!

As part of the Shiny Happy World Winter CAL 2019, I decided to crochet the Fresh Stitches “Sally the Snowflake” pattern. I made the first half without any problems, but somewhere along the way, I miscounted so I had to redo the second half completely. It took a long time to stitch the 2 halves together (I think it took me longer than it did to make one half), but it came out so cute! I was at my mom’s in FL, and she decided that it was the only type of snow she liked. So, Sally is now sitting on my my mom’s sofa :slight_smile:

Snowflake

19 Likes

Sally is cute.

1 Like

Sally is adorable!

1 Like

Thank you! I think I need to make her a sister so she can sit on my sofa up in MA :slight_smile:

1 Like

That turned out great, the pattern looks so good. I love the poofiness especially.

1 Like

That’s adorable. I can picture a whole gang of Sally’s just casually bombing on some random corner tree somewhere in FL :laughing:

1 Like

What a sweet little snowflake! The stitching is so pretty!

1 Like

Sally is super cute.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! It was all crinkly when it was stitched, but once it was joined and stuffed, it totally made a difference. It was pretty easy to make (as long as you counted properly), and the pattern instructions were very clear. I only had blue eyes that were the right size, but I love how they look (much more fun than solid black). And, @sheepBlue, you’re right! It would be so fun to yarnbomb a FL tree with a bunch of these!

Adorable!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

So cute! Crafting is great for problem solving…because you certainly turned a problem into something that is loveable!

Love how you used the backdrop of a tropical plant for the snowflake…

1 Like

How big is Sally? Love her, though!

1 Like

Too cute! I hope Sally quickly adjusts to her new home in FL :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like

That is cute! Great job even though you had to redo it a bit

1 Like

That is so stinking cute.

1 Like

your mom’s a lucky gal! I offer up my Florida tree for y’all to yarnbomb!

1 Like

She’s between 6 and 8 inches across. I used Caron yarn (leftover from an afghan project), and a 5.5 mm hook, I think.

1 Like

Aaaah!! That is so cute! And I feel your pain putting the two sides together. Anytime I crochet a two-sided thing, I have issues getting it to match up. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was able to match it up pretty well (safety pins helped), but the distance around, with all of the spikes (or dendrites) was longer than I realized. And, I had to pull the full length of the yarn through on every stitch. But, it was worth it!

1 Like