Jackalope watercolour

I painted this little guy for the Cryptozoological Swap. It was a lot of fun to try painting a new creature! (It’s always hard to photograph watercolours, and I couldn’t quite get rid of the shadow, but I think you can see him reasonably clearly.)

26 Likes

This turned out so cute! I absolutely LOVE your style. It’s amazing.

3 Likes

That’s so sweet and delicate and gorgeous! I love it!!!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, so adorable!

1 Like

ACK! Sooooo cuuuuuute! My Jackalope, Dale, approves.

3 Likes

That is one adorable jackalope!!

1 Like

I have never seen a more adorable jackalope and your watercolor skills are, as always, very impressive!

2 Likes

This is adorable!!!

1 Like

I love the softness of the watercolor and the roundness of that sweet little jackalope. I think your little ferny leaves really finish off the picture well.

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love your watercolors.

My jackalope story: when I was around 14 my family went camping on the coast and at some point my father and I went into town. There was a taxidermy jackalope in a shop window and I was blown away by it. “What is that?!” I asked my dad and he said “it’s a jackalope.” I thought it was so strange that there was this amazing animal out there that I had never heard of. “I’ve never seen one of those! Are they in Oregon?” My father just chuckled.

1 Like

Well, lookie here! :heart_eyes_cat: Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like

Thank you @TheMistressT!!

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! :heart:

So adorable! The little butt is killing me.

1 Like

Total sweetness, aww. & the wee leafies are the best!

1 Like

So gorgeous! I love his little bum :hugs:

1 Like

So sweet!