KATE Shaker Card

I just can’t stop making cards! This is for our niece (17) Kate who has a retreat coming up that welcomes sending her notes of encouragement.

KATEcard01

I’m kind of obsessed with shaker cards lately and also glow in the dark stuff, so I kind of couldn’t help but pick up the GITD stars and then the rainbows at 50% off. :grimacing: There are also some large glitter and tiny silver beads in there.

The front is a night sky and the paper behind the letters blue sky with white clouds. I used Tim Holtz “Bulletin” letter dies which cuts the “holes” and the boarders. Other than the stars and rainbows, the rest is stash.

KATEcard05a

I have some GITD embossing powder, so I used it with this wee stamp to make up some wee tags. I attached on to the inside of this card with a goldtone brad that ties in with the outlines of the letters on the front. The brad is brighter than it appears in these pics.

KATEcard07

And a little “made with LOVE” on the back where the company info would be on a store bought card.

19 Likes

That turned out really neat looking. I love the Glow effect. That’s the kind of card she will keep displayed for years and years.

2 Likes

I love the gold edging on the letters! The rainbows definitely add a fun pop of brightness to what is already a fun card that I’m sure will be well received. Who doesn’t love getting fun stuff in the mail!? (If you ever feel the need to make a card, but don’t have any recipients to send to, just message me and I’ll happily send you my address :wink:.)

2 Likes

So cool!

1 Like

This is so cool! I’m sure she’ll love it.

1 Like

They look great, you might not thank me for directing you to these, but they would be awesome on some of the cards you make.

3 Likes

Thank you, everyone! Y’all are so kind!

Love it! The gold around the letters really makes it pop.

2 Likes

What a gorgeous card!

1 Like

Kate’s gonna get the coolest mail around!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

I almost went with silver or some kind of rainbow glitter paper and I am so glad that I chose gold. A little more “adult” and also, gold-at-the-end-of-the-rainbow works with the scatter bits!

2 Likes

This card is so great! I also am a big fan of rainbows and GITD stuff so it’s right up my alley. I love that the card can become a little work of art after she receives it.

2 Likes

It’s beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks, pals!

So much wow! glow in the dark, and rainbows, and gold framed letters, and constellations.
I bet half the people in the retreat might suddenly decide their name is Kate :smile:

1 Like

Love the connect-the-dot stars!

I really liked that they included constellations, too!

Shaker cards are THE best. What a special card. I bet she was elated to receive it. :heart_eyes:

What a gorgeous card! I’m obsessed with the gold letter cutouts.

Aw, thanks y’all!