Keep Those Blues A'Coming

In my attempt to use up a large collection of scraps, I made fabric twine and then used it to make a blue wreath. Of course, there were pieces that were not suited for the twine…so, I cobbled them together by gluing them to a piece of interfacing, stitching and then making a pouch.

I used two vintage buttons in the center of the spirals because I did a crappy job at the center of the spiral…ugh…I attached a starfish charm to the zipper pull.

It is lined with a fat quarter piece so another thing destashed!

I will use it to hold some beauty products that are a bit taller and won’t fit into my other pouches.

Except for a few tiny pieces, I have basically used up my blue scraps!!

I am going to work on my greens next… :smiley:

Edited: Look at those corners…each time I make a pouch I hear @magpie in my ear: “Poke out those corners!” ha ha ha

27 Likes

It’s so pretty! You’re making me want to be at the beach!

3 Likes

Thanks…when I look at the spiral pattern, it reminds me of the hurricane forecasts out in the ocean…but we have a few months before we have to worry about that, so come on over! :smiley:

3 Likes

Lol, you do? That’s so cute! In never would have even noticed, much too busy admiring the pretty little bits and pieces :blush:

4 Likes

Pretty pouch! You’re gonna have quite the collection of colorful pouches when you’re done using all your fabric scraps :smiley:

2 Likes

lol…and notebook covers… :wink:

3 Likes

What a great way to use your scraps! I really like the interior and that starfish is such a fun touch!
I was eyeing a small scrap today wondering if it was really worth keeping. I can now see that it is!

3 Likes

I keep everything…even the thread cuts…I keep a gallon zip lock next to my sewing area. I throw all the tiny scraps and trimmings in it…when it gets full, I dump it out onto some heat bond, throw some thread on top, cover with washable embroidery stabilizer and then sew the heck out of it to create new fabric for prayer flags, notebook covers, etc.

I am quite obsessed with scraps…ha ha

4 Likes

Yay for scrap busting! This is a lovely creation. I especially like the swirl design spiraling outward from the center button.

2 Likes

You are so creative with your scraps.

2 Likes

That’s so impressive! I struggle to make time just to use my actual full piece fabrics. You always manage to accomplish so much, I really like the selvage edge fabrics that you’ve created!

2 Likes

The scraps + the spiral which is hypnotic = SCRAPNOTIC! It all looks so detailed and precise! You’re definitely one of the Amazing Pouch Masters (APM) of Lettuce Craft!

3 Likes

So pretty! I love the circles on the fabric.

2 Likes

I use my big pieces but then I try to use up the scraps before they become overwhelming. I have purchased some big pieces that I no longer care about and decided to use them for fabric twine or just cut them for smaller projects…I don’t remember why I bought them in the first place! ha ha

I like the process of making and can always find someone who wants the end product…

lol…don’t remind me…I have quite a few selvages from my curtain and toilet tank mug rug to use up now…but I am tired of pouches so I will be making notebook covers and pen holders

2 Likes

I love the spirals!

2 Likes

This is so cute! I tend to hoard scraps, too, but they just stay hoarded… :grimacing:

1 Like

Yahoo! You are one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

2 Likes

AIMR, this is gorgeous!

1 Like

Love all the scrappy! And the spiral fits perfectly too. :blue_heart:

1 Like

This is soooo pretty! I have been reading about Sashiko and this has the Sashiko feeling to me! Love it!

And your project is featured, YEAH! :metal:t3:

2 Likes