Kinetic Non-Swap (Craftalong)

Friends, you are all so kind. This is why I love LC so much. If I posted this on some other place I would probably get all kinds of comments on how wonky it is. I already know it is a mess, but it is a functional mess. Your kind words will give me the courage to try another kinetic project. You LC folks are the best. :heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

Can I change my screen name to functional mess?

5 Likes

This is exactly why I have been lurking on the quiltalong thread but I will likely never actually try it myself. Measuring, straight lines, precise angles. That just sounds like work. :smile:

That would actually be an amazing screen name. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m great at manipulating fabric, but totally bombed when it came to the fiddly fitting of stained glass.

We’re just “big-picture” crafters, I guess.

2 Likes

@mightymitochondria, you should be so proud of your accomplishment! It is so awesome! They are going to have so much fun playing with this!

1 Like

It is SO FUNNY you say that. I have only dropped by them, but just joined the group to lock me in. Because of this! But I checked the rules, and since I don’t have to do the BOM, I’m going to do some of the casual, organic /modern ones! Which CAN BE less precise!! Come join us! We can be non-exact buddies!

3 Likes

Maybe I could give it a try! Thanks for the encouragement. :blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

Hey! If you really want to do no measuring, do a crazy quilt! Plus it’s stash-busting, and you can embellish. And use whatever fabric you have!

3 Likes

This is the kit I have, but so far I’ve only gotten as far as opening the plastic & discovering I want to let it offgas a little before I work on it.

3 Likes

WOW! Is there a video of that contraption in motion? It looks so complicated… I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

I’m just going to go ahead and show off the marvellous Pepe the King Prawn that @endymion made for me a while ago …

Some of you might remember seeing him on the old site. He has a little lever that makes him jump up and down - he is beautifully made and I love him!

I might not be able to join in this craftalong, but I’m enjoying seeing all the clever things you are planning and making!!

9 Likes

Dear lord, I forgot about him until I saw him! Because he made my heart squeeze the last time too! Hahah!!! What good memories, and what A GREAT project! Utterly fantastic, @endymion!!!

HIS YIDDOL JACKET!!!

2 Likes

Omg he’s awesome! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I just love that hair, too!

3 Likes

Haha! He jumped higher before I put his clothes on…

3 Likes

They all do.

2 Likes

SLAYYYYSSSS

3 Likes

Pepe is amazing! Amazing! Oh my gosh.

I received a kaleidoscope kit from Lee Valley, it’s pretty sturdy. I think I will embellish it to make it funkier.

3 Likes

I love kits.

Here is my son’s latest flip book.

5 Likes