Kinky boots props

Hard to know what category to put these in. My daughter is in an amateur production of kinky boots this week. They need 6 large pictures of boot designs for one of the musical numbers. They got 5 from a previous production, and I painted the extra one. However the previous 5 were…um… Not good. They were out of proportion, and too pastel, so they didn’t pop onstage.

Show starts on Wednesday, I had only this evening to see what I could do to improve them. I mostly painted over them completely. Some are more successful than others, they had to be bold and stand out on stage. I’m reasonably happy with the results. These will be onstage on weds

This is them all together, they are A2 size (16.5" x23")

EDIT: I saw them on stage tonight. They popped!

25 Likes

They look fabulous!

1 Like

This looks fun. I’d go.

1 Like

So great! I think they all turned out very nice, and they will truly pop on stage.

I love that M will be in Kinky Boots! So fun! These are great - you’ve definitely made them bold and visible.

They look awesome!

Great job and good luck to Mollie!

:tada: :dizzy: Congratulations! This spectacular project is featured this week! :dizzy: :tada:

1 Like

Aw thanks sweetie.

They go on stage tonight!

3 Likes

Great artwork! They look like they will for sure stand out on stage. I especially like the sparkly one and the shiny red one.

2 Likes

Fabulous! I want to wear every pair of these and then take a quick pic of myself in each one before I break an ankle. SO FUN! I bet they are a hit!!

1 Like

These are so fun! My fave is the red patent leather one.

They look great!

I’d wear all of them, as long as I didn’t have to actually walk! Looks like they had a great time in production.

How creative! I would have struggled to make them pop like that and all be so original. Having your art on stage is just like being in the production. :slight_smile: I love it!

1 Like

They came out great!

great job!!
so glad you got an action shot!