Kiss Clasp Coin Purses

As part of my New Years Resolution I said I would sew more. I grabbed these cute little kiss clasps I have had in my stash since April 2019 and decided it was time to actually make them. They were a variety pack with 5 different colors. I used this free pattern

from Emmaline Bags. I had to alter it a tiny bit because my kiss clasps were about a ¼” larger. May not seem like much but with my alteration they fit exactly.

The front Lettuce pouch will be offered up as a raffle prize for the Nerd Games.

25 Likes

Those are so cute! I love the embossed clasps…they give a vintage feel!

The little lettuce one is my favorite…and the swans…all are cute!

1 Like

These are all so cute! I love the cats-and-dogs fabric, as well as the lettuce one of course. I’ve thought about doing the Nerd Games… whoever wins the lettuce purse will be very lucky!

1 Like

Very cute! They look really well made!

1 Like

@endymion They have parred down the rules and made the Games less complicated. You should try it out. It’s a lot of fun!

I love these! I’ve always been intimidated by those clasps. Were they easy to work with?

1 Like

@zubrickk, Yes! Much, much easier than I thought they would be. You have to hand sew them on, which I hate hand sewing normally, but it wasn’t that bad. Granted, mine are not the prettiest inside. But in this case, it’s not what’s inside that counts. LOL!

1 Like

These are brilliant. and fussy cutting IS THE BEST.

:four_leaf_clover: :metal: :shamrock:

1 Like

They are all just so cute!!!

1 Like

Lettuce pouch! These are all super cute!!

1 Like

These are adorable. Definitely a vintage vibe to them.

1 Like

Giggling over the lettuce one- that came out so well! The “jewels” and the swans work nicely with the shape of the pouches, too. :green_heart:

1 Like

Those are so nice!!! I need to make one for my mom!

1 Like

Oh now you are becoming the queen of coin purses too!! :orange_heart: Love them!

I think I have a clasp or two in my stash too… Will bookmark it for future use. Thanks for sharing!

:metal:t3:

1 Like

These are so lovely!! That swan fabric is especially gorgeous! :swan:

1 Like

Very nice and I love the vintage vibe, especially from the iris print.

1 Like

So cute! We’re they difficult? They seem so daunting.

1 Like

@MissingWillow. They weren’t hard at all. The pattern is really easy and the worst part is the hand sewing the pouch to the clasp, which isn’t even that bad. I just dislike hand sewing. They were great for a quick machine sewing project that I could then sit in the living room and work on while watching TV or talking.

2 Likes

They turned out lovely.

1 Like

These are great! GREAT! I want that lettuce pouch something fierce, it is just the best thing I’ve seen all day.

2 Likes