Fashion Category Featured Member - gozer

If you’ve spent any amount of time in the Lettuce Craft boards, you’ve probably chanced upon amazing artwork and fun sewing projects posted by the fabulously-talented @gozer.

Monster Peg People

Kiss Clasp Coin Purses

Byron the Bunny

Lionel the Lion and Roxy the Racoon

Tell us about yourself in 5 words.
Creative, Sarcastic, Happy, Friendly, Cat-Mommy.

What is the earliest craft project you remember making?
My Mom was an art teacher so she was always testing projects out on us. I remember helping her make felt in the tub as a kid.

Three crafting tools you can’t live without?
Copic markers, Sewing machine, Nice scissors.

May the Fourth

Best sewing advice you’ve ever received?
Just try it. If it doesn’t work out, no one has to know.

You have mad skills in sewing! What is the most challenging project you have worked on?
It would have to be a purse. I try to attempt something new with each one, new fabrics, new techniques. I’m still too chicken to try piping.

Carter Swoon Bag

111903_23Oct18_eGON_cARTER

Favorite project that someone else has posted in the Fashion Category?
Oooh! @Loop-da-Loop has some AMAZING fashion projects. I love seeing them. She’s such an inspiration. One of my favorites of hers is Steampunk Wedding Dress.

Who are your crafty crushes?
@Loop-da-Loop is obvious. If you haven’t checked her out, do yourself a favor! I’m hoping to see more of @Phizzychick’s woodland creatures. I love @Kwality570’s artwork. She puts so much depth and whimsy in it. @Bunny1kenobi does amazing miniatures. @artsycandice’s sculptures can take your breath away! And everyone in the Nerd Games. There are so many inspiring projects posted up there.

What are you working on these days?
I have an elderly cat (Venkman, 21) that needs extra attention so I am trying to find things I can do while I sit with him. I started making little poseable felt creatures and I am having a bunch of fun with them. Here are two pictures of him. One sitting in my lap while i work from home, and one of him inspecting my felt lion. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

Great interview! I love learning more about @gozer and her awesome crafts :heart:

3 Likes

love the interview! and the round-up of her projects was a great showcase of her mad talents!

1 Like

Gozer is such a great featured member! She’s an amazing sewer and artist and deserves every second of this. Also, thanks for the shoutout!!!

1 Like

Awe. Thank you guys. It was so unexpected when they asked me to do it. There are so many talented people on here. It was super flattering. Thanks for letting me include pics of my amazing fur baby and helper, Venkman!

5 Likes

This is such a great little glimpse deeper into your world. I am a super fan. And thank you for the kudos. :blush:
Your cat is so sweet. :heart:

1 Like

Oh, @gozer, I love your craftiness - and you have the sweetest helper! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Lovely interview, it’s great to learn more about you @gozer!! And thank you so much for the shout-out too, I feel so honoured to be an inspiration and I’ve always wanted to be a crafty crush, lol :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I particularly love your felties, I have a massive love for all stuffies and toys and yours are all soooo adorablem especially Finn!! Oh man, and your peg people, I love Halloween and I’d love a set of those sat in my craft room scaring at me (he he he).

P.S. Venkman is such a brilliant name for your cat!!

3 Likes

Gozer is SO RAD!

3 Likes

LOVE YOU! You do such beautiful work, you are so friendly and generous. Can’t think of who might deserve this more than you!

And thanks for saying nice things about my minis! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This is wonderful. @gozer is amazing and it’s great to have a peep into your world.

1 Like