Knit nightgown for 18" doll

I have another finished project! Who even am I!? It’s getting so @Cindy won’t recognize me anymore! lol

I stumbled upon a doll outfit pattern* book when I got to roam unattended at the library recently and so I thought I would give doll knits a go. Kidlet has two 18" subjects in her doll kingdom and while she is way more into the baby dolls she does have play times with the “kid dolls” (as she calls them). I figured I would make a few items from the book to hold back for either her autumn birthday or for Christmas when she’ll be 5 and may be more interested in the “older” dolls (playing dress up or whatever). This pattern is called a nightgown but I think it could also work as a sundress- if one keeps that neckline up! lol

*Link goes to Thriftbooks

14 Likes

It came out so great and you got it done quickly, too! I’m definitely going to give doll knitting a go. Thanks for the inspiration!

2 Likes

Thank you! I definitely recommend this book (check the library network in your area) for the 18” dolls. I am going to try a couple more patterns before I return this one.

They’re a great way to use up those remnant yarns after we finish bigger projects.

1 Like

I love the eyelet detail on the nightgown!

1 Like

The dress is cute but I’m still waiting to see finished socks :flushed:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This came out cute! It’ll be fun to see all your other creations as well.

3 Likes

I love the little nightgown! It could be a cute sundress as well!

Your kidlet could add flowers or ribbons when she plays dress up!

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

And you, too, @Cindy for keepin’ it real. Haha!

2 Likes

It’s so pretty! Very lucky doll and lucky Kidlet!

BTW my dad called me “Kidlet,” too. Sometimes “Kid” when I was grown, but Kidlet as long as we roamed the planet together.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Aww, dads. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My girl watched Star Wars The Clone Wars and became obsessed with the Huttlet (Jabba’s baby son) so she became kidlet. Especially online where I rarely, if ever, use her name. Couldnt call her “baby bee” forever! :sob: lol

2 Likes

I love nickname origin stories and it didn’t really occur to me the effect of internet usage on them. I mean, even though I use TheMistressT in a lot of online situations, no one IRL calls me that - at least not to my face! :thinking:

2 Likes

I remember when my neice was into the 18" dolls. I sewed her so many outfits! They are small enough to be quick and fun, but not too small to be fiddly and annoying.
The dress is adorable. I see it more as a sundress too. Very cute. I am sure your kid will love it.

3 Likes

:mirror_ball: :dancing_women: :ice_cube: :dancing_women: :mirror_ball: Woohoo! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Thanks for sharing it here with us! :mirror_ball: :dancing_women: :ice_cube: :dancing_women: :mirror_ball:

1 Like

You are very kind, thank you!

1 Like

This dress is so pretty! I’m sure you’d prefer to knit something completely completely different next time, but more of this one in different colors, with added embellishments would be fun, as well.

2 Likes

Thank you!
Yes, I’m thinking maybe 2 in each style but different colors would be a good use of my yarn. She has 2 18” dolls so being able to coordinate might be fun.

1 Like

This is so great! What a treasured little outfit!

1 Like

What a kind thing to say, thank you!

Ahh-dorable. Heirloom dolly accoutrements in the making. I look forward to seeing her knickers (this is the only place that can reasonably be said!)

3 Likes

Adorable! My girls don’t have any dolls that size but this might be an idea for future gifting for them. Those 18" dolls pop up quite a bit in thrift stores without their clothes. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes