Knitted Ballet shrug

Kidlet is a great motivator for using my yarn stash. Her dance class is early in the morning and that means we need to cozy it up now that winter is settling in. That plus the fact that so many dresses are sleeveless I figured a shrug was in order.

I took some white baby yarn I had in my stash for a million years (Like, at least 12 anyway) and held it double to work this up.

Yarn: Paton’s Beehive Baby Sport, Angel White
Pattern: Free Pattern. Little Ballerina Shrug

She wore it this morning and it was a good fit! I was lazy and didn’t block it before sewing it together. I might go back and add a crochet edge to the neckline, but she likes it as-is so maybe not.

Thanks for looking!

22 Likes

Very cute! Love the pattern of the stitching. It’s so gratifying when the recipient of a hand-crafted gift loves what you made. And kidlet is so adorable!

3 Likes

It came out beautifully! And the model is exquisite too!

2 Likes

Yes, another victory for busting stash and it turned out cute too! Love your sassy little model :sunglasses: :heart:

2 Likes

Good for you, completing a project :cricket: :smiley:

She’s looking so much older!

2 Likes

I could look & look & never get tired of her sweetness, she’s SO CUTE in her adorable shruggy-shrug.

1 Like

Thank you friends!

2 Likes

I love it so much!! It came out perfect and fits your little fashionista to a T. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

It is adorable and the pattern is challenging enough for any knitter and yet not that difficult!

I have an adult sized pattern that could be adapted to that polka dot stitch, don’t you think?

Also, yay for having it in your stash!!!

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

AIMR, yes, I think that would be a really nice stitch for an adult, too. Go for it!

Abbee, Definitely put this on your radar for the girls. It didn’t take that long and is forgiving/adjustable enough to customize it a bit to suit the individual. And all those sleeveless dresses! I might work up a couple in a few colors just to have.

2 Likes

She is a little star! The shrug is super cute on her.

1 Like

Thank you!

Oh yeah, I just whipped this up this morning. No biggie. LOL! It looks great, and I love that you used stash.

2 Likes

Ack, so cute! I bet the other dancers were envious of her sweet shrug.

2 Likes

Lol haha thanks! I must say I’m no @sloth003, no magickal morning whip ups here- this was worked up over a week and a half of avoiding other projects, like I do. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:ice_cube: :sunglasses: Nice, nice, baby! This awesome project is one of this week’s features! Congrats! :sunglasses: :ice_cube:

1 Like

Cute pattern on a lil cutie!

1 Like

Awww thanks!

Such a cute, cozy shrug!

1 Like

Thank you!