Knitted Cat

I made this little friend for geekgirl. He has been received so I can post him!
He is made from the Parlor Cat pattern by Sara Elizabeth Kellner and I really enjoyed it once it stopped looking like a giant weird sock and more like a cat. (Be warned the GWS stage is daunting and you must push through some anxious “is this going to be gift-worthy” moments until you’re on to the more cat-like stage!)

I saw that geekgirl had cat shaped door-stops on a pinterest board so I decided to stuff the cat with a bean bag like thing and let it be useful. I wanted it to have a flask for the “Cat’s with whiskey” theme they’ve got going on in that house but alas, I’ve learned that all my flask skills are in drinking from one not making one out of yarn. So it looks like a suitcase. I made a second one… it looks like a coin purse. So at least the cat can take some coin and go pick up some hooch for itself on the way to work holding open the doors I guess? Ah well. If it’s off-putting geekgirl could always snip it off the cat and leave it luggage-flask free.

It was hard to pack that kitty up and send it off. We all got used to it hanging with us as I worked on it. I hope it proves a good little buddy for their home.

22 Likes

Thus is great! Love the minimalist style.

1 Like

I love him and I knew the black and gray one was supposed to be a flask right away! (I did think the brown one was a pocket for the flask) :grinning:

3 Likes

It is sooooo cooooool I love the pic of all the needles in the tale… all kinds of stuff happening, cat very deliberately “ignorning.”

2 Likes

Thanks, friends!

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

This is awesome! Well done my friend!!!

1 Like

He is utterlyadorable and amazing!

1 Like

Thanks!