Last minute wonky star baby quilt

MIL asked me last week if I had a baby quilt for a shower she’s headed to. Told me , no worries just make whatever if you have the time.

Then said. Her favourite colour is blue. And I want a crane on it. And it should be bright. But not too easy to get dirty :neutral_face:

24 Likes

Personally love it! And it fits all the requirements too!

2 Likes

lol easy peasy ! It looks great. You nailed all the requirements. This will be a hit at the shower.

3 Likes

You nailed it! I love how you just casually ticked off everything on her list…even though it was supposed to be whatever YOU could do quickly! ha ha

The wonky stars will be a hit!

3 Likes

Wonky and wonderful!

2 Likes

Moms! You made a wonderful little quilt that ticked all the boxes. Of course, you also proved that you could make a wonderful quilt that ticks all the boxes on a moments notice. D’oh! :rofl:

6 Likes

Wow, you can churn out a quilt in nothing flat! I especially love the crane on the dark background. Beautiful!

3 Likes

It’s beautiful! Your quilting skills are ‘next level’. I find it so annoying when I hear anyone asking ‘Can you whip this up for me…’ They simply cannot have any idea of the time and skill involved, especially a quilt!

3 Likes

Fabulous gift! Well done

2 Likes

Love, love this! Wonky star is one of my favourite blocks.

3 Likes

Wowza!

2 Likes

:flushed: GORGEOUS

2 Likes

Perfect! Can’t tell it’s last minute at all.

3 Likes

You nailed it! As usual! You would never know this was a last minute quilt job!

1 Like

:star: :heart: :thread: Congratulations! Your Last Minute Wonky Star Baby Quilt is a Featured Project this week! :thread: :heart: :star:

1 Like

chuckles loudly Hilarious that you put the requirements on the back!
It seems to me like a big ask to have you make a baby quilt for someone that is her friend/acquaintance and you’re not even going to have a slice of cake or whatever is served at baby showers nowadays.
I like that you use all sorts of colors and the wonky star pattern. So precise!
I’m finding I’m not very precise at sewing.

1 Like

This is beautiful :heart_eyes:

It’s not very nice to ask someone, “do you have something,” then ask them to “make whatever,” and then to give them all sorts of requirements… and to ask with a week’s notice, no less…

You are a very talented quilter and a very patient and giving person. I admire all of those qualities :heart:.

1 Like