LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Shockingly I don’t have a shawl going at the moment… I think I have at least one I could start if I wanted…

2 Likes

Beautiful Em!

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman: I am. I posted in the thread of “what are you working on today”. I don’t know how to link to that post.

1 Like

I’m on a quilting kick at the moment, but whenever Jim retrieves the rest of our stuff in storage in TN, I have 3 balls of yarn I bought on the Asheville Meetup, that I want to turn into a dragon shawl for myself. (The upcoming Midwest Meetup has me thinking about it.)

2 Likes

This one?

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/snapshot-what-are-you-working-on-today-part-2/19592/3659?u=abbeeroad

2 Likes

This one!
It’s just about to get really hot here though, not sure a lap full of yarn would be the most fun. Maybe in autumn.

The trick is to start now and knit slowly! That way you’ll have a lap full of yarn when it gets colder again.

3 Likes

This is seriously disturbing…I have no recollection of making that…I know the pattern is very simple and I like it better than the plain virus shawl…I’ll go look for it in my drawer of shawls…I want to say that it probably only took one cake…I use mostly around 400 yards for shawls.

Air conditioning is a must in the South…the humidity would destroy everything if it was not run constantly…so, yeah, it is cold inside in most places so that is when I knit or crochet the most…it is odd, right?

2 Likes

It was covid-many-years-ago. I can’t remember lots from that time either. It’s weird.
Let me know the size when you find it!

1 Like

lol I found it immediately…and I remember now that I made it for a particular sari skirt and even bought matching t-shirts! ha ha

It measures 74 inches across, so it is a wearable shawl over my shoulders…it comes down 40 inches from middle to the point, and 53 inches on each side…it is very lightweight…

I think I will do another one in this pattern, but in reds…I ended up buying more of that yarn back then and just stuck it in my stash…wow…the side effects of COVID keep on giving…wow…I wonder what else I have “forgotten”?

2 Likes

Ooh, show us the outfit! I wanna seeeeeee!

2 Likes

Progress on my Dragon Scale Shawl…this is a real yarn eater, but I love the texture

6 Likes

Just finished another ‘Crazy Eights’ shawl. Not sure what to do with it, just wanted to use up some stash with a fairly easy pattern whilst I have multiple WIPs in timeout.

6 Likes

Yep. That’s the one.

2 Likes

I love it, especially the color.

1 Like

I started that one but I am not in love with the openness of it. I frogged it and will have to find another pattern…like @magpie, looking for more rectangular pieces instead of triangular for now.

I am sure you will find a special home for it…it is lovely for a cool evening!

1 Like

How about something crescent shaped? One of my absolute favourites is my French Cancan shawl.

It’s 5 euro on Ravelry and I’d say it’s worth it. I used a shiny and rustic wool yarn in natural dark grey and it worked well. The pattern suggests a lovely wool/silk or silk/merino/cellulosa based manmade fiber.

Mine turned out rustic and bouncy, while the suggested yarn type would be more soft and drapey I think.

6 Likes

Ooh, I like that one a lot.

2 Likes

I finished my virus shawl. I have made this pattern many times, but always as a small shawlette of scarf. Decided I wanted a larger one that I could pin and wear in the chill of air conditioning!

Didn’t quite fit on a queen bed…but it matches nicely anyway… :smile:

Here it is on my dress form:

I used Hobbii Carnival Yarn…4 skeins, size H hook. There are at least three goofs, but, I don’t see them when I am wearing it, so, yeah…

10 Likes

Gorgeous!!! I love that pattern. It always drapes so lovely.

1 Like