LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

I’m working on this one…sort of. It’s on pause while I work on a cardigan and a pair of socks.

6 Likes

I just started this free Dragon Scale Shawl (available on Hobbii) with this yarn…

8 Likes

That’ll look pretty with that metallic thread running through it.

3 Likes

Ooo! That will be pretty!

No shawls here currently but l’ll happily admire yours.

3 Likes

I’ve been looking for some patterns for some yarns I have in the cupboard. I’m more looking for a rectangular wrap style, I think. 2 of my intended recipients would prefer wraps over the triangle shawl shape.

2 Likes

I love those rectangles with sleeves, bed wraps or reading wraps? Maybe those are better in crochet though.

1 Like

I do both, actually so either craft is possible.

6 Likes

Can I come over? I need help learnin’ the needles…

1 Like

Always. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoops…just finished one last week :sweat_smile:

Hipster shawl by Joji Locatelli. The pattern actually calls for fingering weight yarn, but I did it in worsted with some stash Malabrigo. I need to take finished pictures still as I added some fun fringe.

7 Likes

Shockingly I don’t have a shawl going at the moment… I think I have at least one I could start if I wanted…

2 Likes

Beautiful Em!

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman: I am. I posted in the thread of “what are you working on today”. I don’t know how to link to that post.

1 Like

I’m on a quilting kick at the moment, but whenever Jim retrieves the rest of our stuff in storage in TN, I have 3 balls of yarn I bought on the Asheville Meetup, that I want to turn into a dragon shawl for myself. (The upcoming Midwest Meetup has me thinking about it.)

2 Likes

This one?

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/snapshot-what-are-you-working-on-today-part-2/19592/3659?u=abbeeroad

2 Likes

This one!
It’s just about to get really hot here though, not sure a lap full of yarn would be the most fun. Maybe in autumn.

The trick is to start now and knit slowly! That way you’ll have a lap full of yarn when it gets colder again.

3 Likes

This is seriously disturbing…I have no recollection of making that…I know the pattern is very simple and I like it better than the plain virus shawl…I’ll go look for it in my drawer of shawls…I want to say that it probably only took one cake…I use mostly around 400 yards for shawls.

Air conditioning is a must in the South…the humidity would destroy everything if it was not run constantly…so, yeah, it is cold inside in most places so that is when I knit or crochet the most…it is odd, right?

2 Likes

It was covid-many-years-ago. I can’t remember lots from that time either. It’s weird.
Let me know the size when you find it!

1 Like

lol I found it immediately…and I remember now that I made it for a particular sari skirt and even bought matching t-shirts! ha ha

It measures 74 inches across, so it is a wearable shawl over my shoulders…it comes down 40 inches from middle to the point, and 53 inches on each side…it is very lightweight…

I think I will do another one in this pattern, but in reds…I ended up buying more of that yarn back then and just stuck it in my stash…wow…the side effects of COVID keep on giving…wow…I wonder what else I have “forgotten”?

2 Likes