LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Oooo…Loving that color! I’m so excited to see the lace.

Hmm…How does one do this?

2 Likes

I just use a thread and needle…

4 Likes

What AIMR said :slight_smile:

It makes it much easier to unravel any mistakes to an exact point where you can start again.

3 Likes

I actually use them at the beginning of each repeat…the worst case scenario is that I have to do just one repeat that way…I remove the lifelines every few repeats so that it looks like I am getting somewhere…lol

3 Likes

Definitely a life saver for lace patterns!

2 Likes

Good to know! Thanks, guys!

1 Like

That’s brilliant, never thought to do that!

1 Like

My edges are wonky. To be expected, but I’m hoping a good border might even them out a bit. I am excited though, both skeins finally completed their first color change.

@loves2experiment That is a beautifully rich green.

9 Likes

Pretty!

2 Likes

Finished! Still needs to be blocked, but that will be another day…cast on the Crescent Ginko because I found a bin of more yarn and had the golden ginko color!

And yes, I did the picot edge…not as bad as I thought it would be…lol.

11 Likes

Nice! I’m chugging along on my gingko as well :slight_smile:
Btw, it takes more than 38 repeats to get to 171 sts. If you do the math, it’s apparent and yes, I am getting started on the lace portion after setting the project aside for a bit :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Glad you decided to do the picot edging…I think it’s pretty :slight_smile: So, what method of CO did you use… I am curious, per usual.

3 Likes

Unless it is socks, I use the long tail CO…if there are are a lot of stitches and I don’t want to run out of yarn and have to start all over casting, I do a few different ones…I don’t even know the names short tail cast on? crochet hook cast on…

3 Likes

Yay!! It looks awesome!! The picot cast off isn’t too frilly. It’s a nice subtle edge. That part is coming up for me soon (maybe today). Wish me luck!

4 Likes

Fresh off the needles…and off to join the growing pile of finished items waiting to be blocked :smiley:
The shawlette looks smaller than expected, but hopefully that will change after aggressive blocking!

9 Likes

Ah! You’re so quick!

2 Likes

Did you do more repeats? I think I am going to add 15 more stitches to get in another repeat…

2 Likes

@Abbeeroad The lace portion went a lot quicker than expected! I think you will enjoy knitting this shawlette :slight_smile:

@AIMR I didn’t…though I definitely have enough yarn for another repeat. I wasn’t quite sure how an extra repeat would alter the symmetry of the shawlette…but I guess I will know once I block it (in case I knit another one).

3 Likes

While looking for a suitable yarn for the magnolia mini shawl, I got distracted by this hand dyed squishy merino aptly named “neptune”. Since it’s not plied, I needed a pattern that doesn’t need much stitch definition. So I started on Reyna and it’s chugging along nicely :smiley:

8 Likes

That yarn is just lovely. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes