LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Beautiful @loves2experiment!

And I just wove my ends in on the Close To You shawl…woohoo! I think this one would benefit from some blocking.

11 Likes

That turned out gorgeous…your yarn selection works great with the pattern :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really wanted to join in on the ginko, but I just tried to read the directions and…I’ll come back to it, lol.

Going to cast on this one next…I think I can handle it :grin:

7 Likes

Pretty! And more picot edging work :smiley:

2 Likes

I knew you could do it…and look at the result! It is fabulous!

I am going to buy some blocking pads…I am tired of using towels and waiting for items to dry forever!

3 Likes

Progress is being made. I’m just not terribly quick about it.

Not bad for a first attempt.

11 Likes

It looks really good! Love the colors…and your pattern seems to be coming out so evenly!

2 Likes

It’s awesome! Especially for your first one! Great color.

The yarn I was going to use for the simple shawl keeps breaking so I’m winding up a couple other options…but I might end up buying a new skein. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Having to buy new yarn! The horror :scream: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Finished my Reyna shawl and decided to take a break :slight_smile:

And then I realized I needed to make a shawl for a gift that is due in a couple of weeks :sweat_smile: Found some skeins of bamboo wool yarn in my stash and just started the Miami Vice shawl.
It should go pretty quickly since the yarn is worsted weight and I am using 8.0 mm needles!

10 Likes

Looks like I am taking my ginko scarf on my trip to West Palm Wednesday…with so many airline delays and waits in the airport, I am sure going to appreciate something to work on!

I also need to shop for larger needles…I don’t have any large circulars…it does look like a fun and fast knit!

4 Likes

Took a break from shawling to make a hat that doesn’t fit Mr. Road so I had to buy more yarn and needles…darn! Lol.

While waiting for that to arrive I finally settled on a new shawl pattern and started working on it:

Pattern:

11 Likes

sigh so many patterns, such lovely yarns…not enough time…probably why I have six shawls going at the same time…lol

4 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I actually used 8.0 mm needles for anything! It was in my clover interchangeable knitting needles set and finally got some use :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know. I think I pinned about 5 others to try “someday” while deciding on this one.

2 Likes

oh…I think I might have larger ones in a case I never use…ha ha thanks…I am going to check…

2 Likes

Haha…it’s neverending!
At least you’ll have options for future projects!

3 Likes

Or you could settle for size 10.5 needles.
I opted for size 11 needles because my yarn was a heavier worsted. And yes, it’s a quick knit and pretty fun to see it grow in size so quickly! I am on my second skein of yarn :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Progress report! 2 repeats in. Not perfect but this design is pretty forgiving, haha.

9 Likes

Love that color Abbie!

2 Likes