LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Me too! I bought this color thinking I’d make something for myself. Best laid plans…

2 Likes

Can always buy more yarn… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Making progress, just not as much as I wish.

@Abbeeroad I in love with the textures that are developing on yours.

9 Likes

Wow! It looks like it’s going to be nice and big and cozy!

1 Like

I hope so. The stitch is good for cuddling into because it has a good stretch.

2 Likes

I washed a shawl knitted with that yarn and it was sooo soft and draped nicely. There was some minor pilling but nothing the lint shaver couldn’t handle :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Up to edging now. I’m trying a crab stitch in grey along the top and a picot edge in blue along the bottom.

I think it looks right… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: If not, then it will still work out as long as it is consistent.

6 Likes

I’m up to my third shawl now! Thanks for all the encouragement. I’ll post pics when my migraines abate enough for well lit ones.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the encouragement and advice. I’ve been trying to quickly get them all done. 2 more to go.
Shawl 1 with a close up of edging

Shawl 2

Shawl 3 in progress

11 Likes

Amazing!!! You are so fast. Xmas gifts??

1 Like

I never went back to my shawl(s) that I wanted to make for Christmas gift(s) and now I think I won’t be able to get them done with the other few items I really want to make. (My daughter wants 2 little stuffies of characters from the books we read (Sophie Mouse) and of course there isn’t merch out there for that so it’s to the yarn I go! At least one of them is a snake, so that will go fast! The other is a frog so… less fast. I do love that she said, “You can knit them for me, mom” all decisive-like with no hesitation. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

But all these great projects are giving me itchy fingers so maybe I’ll have to just start All The WiPs and hope for the completion of some in time for gifting.

5 Likes

Just wow!

2 Likes

@Abbeeroad Yes. All the ladies are getting shawls for Christmas. I’m thinking of needle punching zippered bags for the fellows. The first 2 have to be mailed.

The latest is reminding me of a sunset.

@AIMR Thanks! I would never have found the pattern if you hadn’t shooed me this way.

@AntBee We tend to have a fluid calendar for gift giving. One was actually labeled, “with love, for whichever gift giving occasion was missed or the next available if that applies.”.

5 Likes

The best! Can’t wait to see!

We need a place to post/talk non shawl knitting. I think there was a “What are you knitting” thread somewhere…I will have to track that down properly later. I have 2 hats on the docket for Xmas in addition to my shawls.

Love the gift giving attitude @AuFish!

2 Likes

You mean this one? lol

1 Like

There’s also a Christmas Craftalong which is fun as it’s full of a little of everything.

2 Likes

Yesssss!

I do like the Xmas craftalong (even though I neglected it this year [so far…]) but I definitely want to keep something on my needles beyond the holiday season.

2 Likes

Thats when I always go “Oh now its time to craft for me” so I can start a new pile of WIPs I will never finish LOL

4 Likes

Lol…sounds about right. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m on the last 2 colors of the shawl.

Really loving this yarn!

8 Likes