Leafy Crochet Scarf!

I had half a skein of Hot Green Sugar and Cream cotton yarn and couldn’t decide what to do but it SCREAMS, “Make leaves!” Every time I see it. I have 2 wash cloths made with it and now a leafy scarf. The scarf uses about 1 and half skeins of yarn.

Here’s my recipe:

1- Repeat this MyPicot Leaf motif pattern continuously for 6 feet.
2 - weave in all your ends so far.
3 - with the right side facing you, join yarn at right corner stitch and single crochet in all stitches on that side, to the end
4 - chain 1 and turn
5 - single crochet in all stitches to the end
6 - repeat step 4
7 - repeat step 5 (you should have 3 rows of single crochet)
8 - pull yarn through to end row and weave in
9 - turn and repeat steps 3-8 on the other edge.

26 Likes

Love those leaves! The color is great.

1 Like

Great color for leaves! Very pretty!

1 Like

So pretty! Perfect for the transitional seasons!

1 Like

So pretty! Someday maybe I’ll learn crochet.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Very pretty pattern, great colour too.

1 Like

I highly encourage it! You can make really complex textures and fabrics with just a couple of stitches.

technically, I can knit but am SUPER slow but this only took me a couple of days in between watching anime and chatting with my husband in the evenings.

1 Like

PS. This has been added to our list of Lettuce Craft Crochet Patterns & Tutorials!

4 Likes

so pretty! what a great use of kitchen cotton!

1 Like

Thank you! Its more a recipe than a real pattern but appreciate it!

2 Likes

:yarn: :leaves: :scissors: Congratulations! Your beautiful scarf is a Featured Project this week! :scissors: :leaves: :yarn:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

You did a fantastic job on it

1 Like

That is so pretty! Its super cool that you did your own pattern too. Love the color.

2 Likes

Fabulous! Thank you for sharing the pattern!

I FINALLY GOT TO WEAR MY SCARF!! it went to Japan with me and it was too hot but this morning it was just cold enough!

6 Likes

It is lovely and brightens up your outfit!

The pattern is lovely and the yarn definitely screamed " leaves".

1 Like

Now you not only have a beautiful leafy scarf, but a beautiful leafy scarf with Japanese memories attached to it!

3 Likes