Lemon slice - playing with collage

My mom invited me to an afternoon of collage at her place, and this was the result! I went into it without a plan, just thinking I wanted something for my citrus-themed bathroom.

The base is a used canvas covered in ripped book pages, then washed with white paint.

Painted my general outline for the paper segments, and picked a different paper for each one (some are one paper on top of another - like the doily over a solid color, or tissue paper over a library card.

Then everything got a wash of mod podge tinted with yellow paint, just to bring all the bits to more of the same level.

It still didn’t feel done, so tonight I started doodling with copic markers. Now that I’ve posted it here I think I can convince myself it’s finished!

Hanging on the wall!

24 Likes

Oh, I love this so much!!! My kitchen has a fruit theme, too. Hmmmm…

2 Likes

I love this! It’s so pretty and bright and cheery! And it looks great on the wall!

2 Likes

Excellent piece and looks great in your bathroom! Very creative, and yay for crafting with mom!

2 Likes

Ooh, this is fab! It turned out so great, all the texture and colour, niiice!

And hi to your mom :blue_heart:

1 Like

So stinking pretty! Love love love!

1 Like

Oh I love this! Zesty and cheerful!!

1 Like

How pretty, thanks for showing your process!

1 Like

Lovely! I love that you went in without a plan and just went with the flow.

1 Like

love the citrus. and the yellow and green are perfectly paired!

:metal:

1 Like

That looks like such a fun project!!

3 Likes

I love how bright and cheery it is. Such a unique bathroom theme too.

1 Like

I love that your bathroom is citrus themed :smiley: and this little art is adorable! And the fact that she invited you for crafty fun is amazing :smiley:

2 Likes

Pretty! It looks great in your bathroom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you folks for commenting! Sometimes I get in my own head about my art, and I wasn’t really happy with this one - hearing the reasons you liked it helps me to see the specialness. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

It’s so fun and happy! Lemons have a way of doing that. I like that you showed your in-progress pics because I don’t think I would have guessed how many layers went into it. I think we all get into our own heads about our creations sometimes, so it’s good to hear other voices. The lemon looks great in your bathroom (and the lemon swag is pretty fun, too!).

1 Like

This is so fun!! I love the bright, cheery colors, and it looks great in your bathroom!! Lemons are the best.

1 Like