Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

That’s some lovely stitching, @Lynx. Hugs and moral support to get you through tomorrow and the following days. :heart:

2 Likes

Clever and cute and well executed!

:heart: for Mia.

1 Like

That is great. So clever.

1 Like

I also have a merit badge to contribute to the stitch along. I made this for wittychild for our Teesha Moore patch OR adult merit badge swap. As of today, it is still somewhere in the Canadian postal system.

This text will be blurred[/spoiler]

[spoiler]This text will be blurred

4 Likes

Cute! I love how we both went with the cat theme!

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. :heart:

1 Like

Cuuuuute!!

Here’s my June offering. I FINALLY finished my inchie collage. I had intended for there to be an inchie for each year of my life…well there are 32 squares so I started this 5 years ago. :laughing: I think finally finishing this WIP is cause for celebration. Disclaimer: Only the last 2 squares were stitched this month. “Love” in Futurama alien language and needle and thread.

10 Likes

This is awesome! Every square is a unique delight. I just love it.

1 Like

I am so fascinated by this! Love it.

1 Like

This came out great! I love how much detail you were able to squeeze into each square! And, bonus points are definitely earned when you finish up a long-term WIP :wink:

2 Likes

Okay, I’m so inspired now. SUCH a cool idea, and figuring out what things deserves a box and how to represent them in stitches. And I think there’s a name for the larger design, something from Eastern philosophy, but I don’t remember what it is. Kind of like a personal crest…I love it, so personal and intentional.

I wasn’t going to add what I made because I only did the letters and bird legs, and I intended to do another celebratory stitching this month. Alas, the other hasn’t started yet (I keep waiting and watching that hoop, and nothing happens! :smile:).
Still, what I did is thoroughly celebration themed: getting free to be oneself, and taking pride in that person and life.

On the rare occasions I’ve been around people the last few months, it has felt socially inappropriate to show my inner joy or celebration. But we all have this inner light in us that remains, we all have something to do on this planet with the life we’ve got. And while the ugliness of humanity’s history and ongoing horrors is very real and needs to be fully exposed and addressed, life is a lot bigger than humanity. The fact that people persevere in spite of everything and that we still have the capacity to be a light in the darkest of times is worth celebrating–and acting upon.

9 Likes

Oh my goodness! I love all the pieces! Each are so unique.

1 Like

I love those badges!! The inchie is hoop is fantastic and that little birdy is beautiful and has a wonderful message!

I finished my hoop celebrating summer! When I’m not working you can usually find me in the pool cocktail in hand. I even have a flamingo float!

10 Likes

Haha! Fantastic.

2 Likes

That. Is. Brilliant.

2 Likes

Announcement Time!

The winner for June is: @sheepBlue!

Congrats!

The theme for July is: Just Relax!
Life is chaotic for so many of us right now… Wouldn’t it be nice to escape and relax? What’s your idea of relaxation? Is it the beach? The mountains or a lake? What about hanging out with your favorite two and four legged friends? Is it meditating with rain white noise in the background? Of course crafting is on that list! However you decide to relieve stress, stitch it up. It can be a reminder to let go of the stress and breathe. It is totally up to you!

The same rules always apply. You have until the end of the month to get your entry in. Winner is picked at random. It has to be a new project.

9 Likes

Wow! Thank you! This is a nice surprise :smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulations! It’s well-deserved!

1 Like

Whoops! I think that was me. Better read those rules again. :sweat_smile:

Congrats @sheepBlue! Loved that stitch.

2 Likes

LOL! No worries! You can still post older stuff, it just won’t be in for the drawing. :grinning: :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes