Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

@craftADDchick Here’s the one that worked for my brain!

Getting into a rhythm was fairly easy, and I’ve been repeating to myself: down at half the length of the next stitch, leave a loop, up at the end point of the last stitch, pull it tight, down at half the length of the next stitch… It’s coming out really well!

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that…it makes sense to me now…lol.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the video! It does make sense! I have a hoop I want to stitch, and the stem stitch would be ideal for one section. I’m sure I’ll need to practice to get it perfect, but this goes a long way towards getting me started.

4 Likes

Here’s my July stitch!

It’s a little stump work seedling. What does this have to do with relaxation you say?

It’s a bookmark! For when reading is so relaxing you fall asleep but hopefully don’t lose your place!

10 Likes

Wow, really impressive! Perfect stitching.

2 Likes

Cute! I haven’t stitched anything for this month, but my idea is actually kinda along this line, too. Did you do it on plastic canvas?

3 Likes

It’s a wire frame stitched on felt! Which worked really great.

I actually couldn’t decide between nature or reading, so this was a bit of a blend. :laughing:

2 Likes

This is just delightful. I love it.

2 Likes

Really like it, @Abbeeroad…I need to finish my stumpwork project that @sheepBlue inspired me to try years ago…

Your stitching is lovely…

4 Likes

I decided to change my plan, and go with another idea for the stitchalong. My family and I have become quite addicted to the Impractical Jokers tv show and relax while watching. One of the jokers, Q, has a tattoo that says: 38. Lives alone. Has 3 cats. This tattoo was part of a show punishment and was chosen by another of the jokers.

Anyway, while I am not a tattoo person myself, it makes an awesome merit badge, so I stitched it up for my offering this month. It’s slightly different from Q’s because I didn’t have white transfer paper so I drew it with white gel pen then embroidered.

I did a rope like stitch around the circle, then penned felt to the back and did a backstitch around the other stitch to connect the black felt to the fabric.

7 Likes

Love that seedling! The stitching is perfect!!

The merit badge is hilarious

3 Likes

Loved the bookmark. Such a clever idea!

That patch is awesome!

3 Likes

Hahaha! What a great badge!

2 Likes

It’s so elegant. Lovely, precise work! And plants in general are a source of relaxation! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Announcement Time!

The winner for July is Abbeeroad! Congrats! I will pm ya about the prize.

Now…for August.
Are you and early riser or a night owl? Do you like to sun your buns or howl at the moon? This month’s theme is the Sun and Moon. You can stitch the moon and stars or sun and flowers. Maybe moon flowers and sunbursts? How about the sun and moon together? No matter what you decide, just start stitching!

The same rules as always apply. You can see them, along with past themes on the original post.

7 Likes

I’m not worthy! Party on!

Love the theme for August!!

3 Likes

Congrats Abbee!! What a fun theme for Aug!

2 Likes

Congratulations @Abbeeroad

I love this months theme!!

1 Like

Congrats, @Abbeeroad!

What a fun theme for August! I have some time so maybe I will search for something I can do!

Wanted to show you something I did way back in the 70’s from a kit…it has a moon!

16 Likes

SO coooool! I love it!! Man. Everything was cooler in the 70s, LOL.

3 Likes