Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

My brother says he fosters cats…but in reality, he has 11 cats…he just can’t give them up. Fortunately, he has lots of room for them and a very caring vet who gives him a family pack deal and free neutering! I pay for the flea meds because I don’t want the house infested (It was my parents’ house…). They all shed…he is vacuuming daily.

1 Like

One way to get the vacuuming done daily!

We love the kittens, but we also love having a quiet house and fewer chores when the kittens go to their forever homes. Then more kittens! It’s one way to get to play with kittens often without ending up with a house full of adult cats.

2 Likes

Ohh, Ohh, OHH! Anybody up for a little floral stitch-along? She shows really clear examples of all the stitches (so many stitches) between doing them. And also, the end result is GORGEOUS!
It could be done in spooooky colours, or autumn colours at least.

2 Likes

Oh wow what a video. And it’s so relaxing. Beautiful flower techniques and I like that she doesn’t just show stitches once, but you get to see the whole process.

2 Likes

The stitches with the straw! I am so excited to try it. The whole thing is like a little floral sampler.

I would def give this a try and would be fun to make it a stitchalong. The straw is ingenious!

Nice! Let’s get started! Should we share progress here or in the snapshot thread?

1 Like

I’m sure here is cool. Fellow stitchers might like to see our progress. :grin: It’s a stitchalong within a stitchalong!

1 Like

I need a project for vacation, unfortunately, I’m heading to my Mom’s who lives in an internet black hole. There’s time when I come back.

Take your time planning colours & drawing it out while you’re away? There are so many possibilities, I’m already a little overwhelmed by the sheer volume of my thread collection :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This is as far as I got for the September stitchalong! It’s a Prairie Schooler pattern I’d wanted to make for a long time. I had to go through routine testing at the hospital earlier this week and spent a lot of time waiting so I had plenty of time to stitch.

I want to unpick the middle part of the house left from the church though. It’s the right colour according to the pattern, and hospital lighting wasn’t great, but in daylight I feel that’s totally the wrong colour. Stitching it really did get me into an autumn mood. In the beginning of the week we were still having summer-ish weather, and then on Wednesday the weather changed and now we’re in the middle of autumn. It’s always so special to see how the seasons can change so suddenly. One day it’s summer and the next day it’s definitely autumn.

8 Likes

I think that house will look great once the details are filled in!
Gosh, all those trees look nice.

1 Like

The trees are my favourite part, that’s why I stitched them first! It’s such a simple shape but it’s instantly recognizable. I may use it again in the future in some new projects.

I love all those rich autumn colors!

That is gorgeous! Such beautiful colors.

Okay! Announcement Time!
The winner for September is: @marionberries! Way to go!!!

The theme for October is: A Haunting We Will Go!
It is time for the guys and ghouls to do a little haunting. Whether it is trick or treating, scaring the pants off your neighbor or just sitting down at the Ouija board and having a chat with a friend, stitch it up! Ghost, goblins, goodies-that’s where it is at!
The same rules as always apply. I can’t wait to see what fiendish delights everyone creates.

8 Likes

Thank you! And I am going off to howl at the moon!

2 Likes

We took a cemetery tour in New Orleans years ago, which inspired this haunted stitch.

After mounting (glued into the frame), I realized I’d forgotten the fence! I 3D printed one, and stitched it on. The frame and Louisiana charm are also printed.

10 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous!! As usual. How did you colour the background fabric?

1 Like

craft paint! I wet the fabric and water down the paint, then swoosh it on.
Ideally, I would use washable glue to mask the moon, but I forgot, and had to paint it on, which made the bat hard to stitch.

2 Likes

This is awesome!! I love how you incorporate your 3D printing skills.

2 Likes