Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Gorgeous! I’m really enjoying your different state pieces.

1 Like

Big thanks to everyone who helped make this craft along one of the best of 2021!

9 Likes

Everyone’s December stitches are fantastic! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you @kittykill for making this craftalong so inspiring :sparkling_heart: I hope I’ll be able to join in more in 2022!

2 Likes

Yay!! Thank you for your tireless support! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I havent posted anything for this, but I will try in the next year! And its been nice to see all the great work, and read the posts! Thanks for holding this craftalong!

1 Like

I ended up losing my stitching mojo & did not finish my December piece. Oh well! Life happens. :wink:

1 Like

I’m loving this stitchalong, thanks for making it happen!
In the new year, can we remove the 2020 from the title? Just Stitchalong to the End of Time seems more…modern? and 2020 wasn’t a really great year…

2 Likes

I think that is a great idea!
I will try to get the new theme up today…a little hint.,.words. :thinking:

4 Likes

Thank you!

Announcement time! The winner for December is: @Immaculata! Congrats!!! Way to finish out the year!

There are two things going on this month. First…
The theme for January is Your Words. Do you have a word that you pick each year? How about a favorite word? It can be inspiring, a cuss word or an image of that word (like, if you favorite word is beach, you can stitch up a beach). No matter what the word is, have fun stitching it up!

Second…
The winner of the January random drawing will get a little surprise, but also choose the theme for February. So, put on your thinking caps!

Same rules as always apply. Have fun!

8 Likes

Oh dear… I have a favourite word all right. Starts with F, rhymes with “duck”, 2021 was littered with it, lol…

4 Likes

Yay! Thanks :heart_eyes:

My word for 2022… Groundhog day? Rut? Not another one? Trying to find the optimistic angle here but I’m struggling. I’m a naturally positive person, and 2022 is full of plans already but I’m not trying to get my hopes up for a whole lot of fun times.

2 Likes

Congrats @Immaculata!!

Hmm. I have a feeling my 2022 word will be “home.” :unamused:

4 Likes

Intention. This is life now. Can’t just wait for Covid to end. Must live life with intention every day. 2022, bring it on.

5 Likes

It can be any word, not just describing 2022. It could be a word that makes you laugh, a word that makes you smile…

5 Likes

Congrats @Immaculata!

Interesting prompt. I’ve been thinking about extending my state ornament theme for another year, I wonder how I could make this work…

2 Likes

Hellooo helloo! I’ve missed you all, but had to take a hiatus to deal with classes and holidays and, well, you know, everything else but here I am and I’ve stitched some words! Huzzah! I will wash and iron them when I’m home and then post as soon as I can!

I loved all the recent stitches!

4 Likes

Yay! Good to see you!

2 Likes

So, I ended up stitching more than one word for January, but one word is really the essence of the message, right? Well, that’s what I’m going for anyway. :sweat_smile:

This little project has actually been on my to-stitch list for a few years now. Mr. Road and I are big fans of Futurama. We watched A LOT in college and post-college. Basically pre-kids, though even now it finds its way into regular rotation.

In one episode, I, Roommate, there is a sign on the wall that reads, 10 HOME, 20 SWEET, 30 GOTO 10. Here’s a discussion of the screengrab and what it means and info about the episode in general. Just in case you were interested. :slight_smile:

Anyway, when this month’s prompt came up, I immediately thought of stitching this up. Not only because 2020/2021 reinvented the word “home” for a lot of us, but also as a reflection of my own, personal reframing of the word. I often get antsy and restless being stuck in the house all the time, but the less “go-go-go” of pandemic life has forced me to slow down in that respect, for the better.

I still have to iron and frame it, but the stitching is done, so here it is!

Nothing fancy but I love it and I’m glad it’s finally off my wish list!

11 Likes

I love this! A great story…and nice use of BASIC. :wink:

2 Likes