Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

I used whipped backstitch recently for the stems in my Wild Hippie stitch. It’s a great little stitch!

I have no skin in this game. I love all the stitches!

4 Likes

Can’t we all just get along? It would be pretty sad to use just one stitch for everything!

No offense to YOU, cross stitchers! :smiley:

6 Likes

Hey all, I was just chatting and I apologize if it came across as being serious.

Happy stitching, everyone.

6 Likes

I LOVED all the chatter this discussion generated! I think this thread got more love in the last couple days than the last couple months combined. Keep it coming! :heart:

4 Likes

me too. You can tell I’m joking because words appear on the screen. :crying_cat_face:

because, you know, invoking the Rodney King riots in a discussion of stitching might be a bit over the top…

2 Likes

Bahaha! This is seriously the reason I don’t cross stitch. It bores me. However, I am in awe of the people who do it. I also need to be brave and try out some of the beloved stitches everyone mentioned.

5 Likes

Cross stitch can be very meditative. And it’s certainly taught me patience. It was my intro to stitching as a kid, so it will always have a place in my crafty heart. But I agree - it’s best in bite-sized portions. :smile:

2 Likes

All the chatting about stitches has got me inspired to revisit some old faves I haven’t played with in a while … and maybe even hunt for some new stitches to try! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Oh, I don’t know about cross stitch being so boring. Not needle point, anyhow.
I have this album from childhood & always planned to recreate the cover art.

Lots of interesting stitches there…

As for embroidery, I do have such a fondness for french knots. If you watch her videos closely, you’ll see Salley Mavor do knots in a way I’ve never seen anywhere before. I need to practice it…

5 Likes

I guess I’m showing my ignorance of cross stitch!

3 Likes

I am enjoying my brown-on-brown cross stitch. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I love doing this freestyle, its like a big painting and I’m just doing a bit of dark brown here, a bit of light brown there.

I also enjoy the challenge of being as thrifty as I can with my thread, taking the shortest path to the next square. I learnt the hard way when making up a kit piece that you can’t just jump all over the show.

7 Likes

That’s exactly the type of cross stitch I know I’d never complete. Major props!

@Magpie - omg that album cover is epic! And that wee folk scene!! Magical!!

I received this article/tutorial in an email this morning. Love it!

I have been kicking around the idea of doing a stitching zoom if folks are interested. @EriChanHime mentioned once upon a time her local stitching group does themed 90-minute stitching zooms. Would you guys be into something like that? Or more just work on whatever you’re currently stitching? Or are we zoomed out?

6 Likes

I always miss the zooms, but love the idea.

1 Like

I need to work on a thing, I’d be in. I’m home sick today, not covid so far anyhow. I still have a work meeting mid day but the rest of the time is free. Maybe tomoro too, I feel pretty awful.

3 Likes

I’d be in. I have a couple WIPs I should get back to and this could be good motivation. Plus I never turn down a chance to hang out with crafters :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In! Always love stitching with company, virtual or in person,

2 Likes

Yeah, if it is a decent time I would like to join in. I would most likely work on WIPs, but since I dont talk alot (kinda shy about my english) I would enjoy to be part of the zoom even if you are doing a theme.

Awesome! Sounds like folks are interested in just getting together to stitch what they are working on. Let me know which of the dates/times below would work. I tried to provide a variety. I will unfortunately be away this weekend.

• Thursday, April 21 @4pm EST
  • Tuesday, April 26 @7pm EST
  • Saturday, April 30 @10am EST
  • Sunday, May 1 @2pm EST

0 voters

I just threw out random combinations of days/times, so if none of these work, we can figure something else out!

For reference:

4pm EST = 1PM Pacific, 2PM Mountain, 3PM Central, 9PM London, 10PM Germany, 6AM on the next day in Australia

7pm EST = 4PM Pacific, 5PM Mountain, 6PM Central, 12AM London, 1AM Germany, 9AM the next day in Australia

10am EST = 7AM Pacific, 8AM Mountain, 9AM Central, 3PM London, 4PM Germany, and 12AM Australia

2PM EST = 11AM Pacific, 12PM Mountain, 1PM Central, 7PM London, 8PM Germany, and 4AM the next day in Australia

Time Zone Info Source

4 Likes

I hope this counts for the April theme of “Foolin’ Around”! Sure makes me laugh anyhow :smile:

Warning, Eff bombs ahead!

A matching coaster & mugrug set & a pin that I sincerely hope will be worn out in public, lol.

Fuckitty Fuck Fuck

My favourite of swears

9 Likes

Hahaha…those are fantastic!