Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Oh what fun, but I’ll be out cleaning up the grounds of our church…annual Spring clean-up. Have a blast!

1 Like

I’m sure we’ll have another one!

I remember that! I saw it in junior high, at an art class I took with a local glass and clay artist. The teacher had the album, and after we listened to it, she tried to explain it to us. We just kind of stared at her, so she ended up finding us a copy to watch. ‘Me and My Arrow’ is totally what I remember from it too.

2 Likes

I remember the Me and My Arrow song, but never knew the album told a story. I looked it up on wikipedia.

It’s full of good wisdom.

1 Like

It’s a fantastic story, though admittedly when I watched it again as an adult I realized it’s pretty weird too. Well, it fits with a lot of animation from the 70s. I also just learned it can be watched in its entirety on YouTube. :grin:

I might be watching it this weekend as I work on stitching. Tomorrow is the last day of April, which means I get to send a prize to one of you lovely stitchers soon!

2 Likes

So exciting! I plan to do all the drawing/announcing on Sunday, May 1!

2 Likes

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

Here’s the information for today’s zoom! Hope to see you there! :slight_smile:

Topic: Stitch Along Zoom
Time: Apr 30, 2022 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

2 Likes

So excited to join my first LC zoom!

2 Likes

It was so nice to have the time to chat and stitch with friends! :heart: @mellybelly81 @Magpie

@steiconi - I saw you try to join! Hopefully one of these times we’ll catch you on the zoom!

2 Likes

Thank youso much, that was super nice :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Aaaa i missed it! I set my alarm, but morning-brain said “huh? Why an alarm? It’s Saturday! Sleep in!” :sleeping: Ack!

2 Likes

My April Stitchalong Entry for “Foolin’ Around:”

Fluffy Turkey-Stitch Piñata Magnet! :two_hearts:

When I was a little kid, I charmed a small red and yellow and orange donkey piñata (used as a decoration) off our local grocery store after Cinco de Mayo. His name is Carrots, and he’s totally still hanging in my bedroom back at my parents’ house. A little while before Covid hit, I did a craft at my local library (they had once-a-month adults-only craft project nights, with all the supplies and instructions provided), and made a little mini-version in green. So obviously, when I was thinking about projects that would be silly, and fun, and ridiculous, and joyful, it was definitely going to be a little piñata donkey.

I only have so much wall space, but I love my ridiculous fridge magnet collection, and I am always up for a new one. I’ve wanted to try Turkey-work, and it seemed perfect for a fluffy embroidered version of fluttery crepe paper. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m delighted with how he came out, although the colors on the background (done in colored pencil) weren’t as bright in the end as I had expected. Still, happy piñata! :two_hearts::piñata::cherry_blossom:

Bonus, here he is with his green friend.

10 Likes

I love love love the fringey joy & fun of this fellow!

4 Likes

Thank you so much!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am ridiculously happy with how he came out. It’s my first time with that stitch, and doing all the trimming was crazy! I had a teeny doll brush to fluff him after each step. :grin:

3 Likes

Oh i just love the image of you using the doll’s brush! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Gotta fluff the stuff! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1:

8 Likes

Well this is fantastic!

1 Like

Aw, thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

¡Fantabuloso!

2 Likes