Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Voting is now open for the inspired along challenge, see the entries and vote here

1 Like

I’ve chosen a song, and have a concept…
And packed stitching materials to take because we’ll be on the road again in a couple of weeks, and I’ll stitch along the way.

THIS THING IS AMAZING!

Thank you SO much @chameleonhound, I am honoured, wow.

14 Likes

I want to touch it! The 3D effects pop through the screen!

3 Likes

wow…it sure is! Love the “frame” as well!

3 Likes

Wow! That frame just adds so much extra. Really showcases the amazing stitching!!!

2 Likes

That is the coolest hoop I have ever seen!

2 Likes

May Stitch; On the Road Again
We’re heading off on our annual Escape the Inferno trip, so had to choose this song.

I used rainbow chiffon for the sky (mostly because there was a leftover scrap on the table), and had so much fun pleating and bunching it up, I tried it on the foothills. That made the mountain look too flat, so I bunched up that. The foreground now looked totally boring, so I covered that with bunching (another scrap).
I kind of think there’s just too much texture, but I had fun with it, and that’s what I really want.

I seem to have issues with the last word every time. I pulled this one out once, then again.
I think I’ll include words in every stitch for a while, so I get comfortable with it and try different techniques.

14 Likes

OMGosh that looks amazing! Amazing, wow. The texture is awesome & I really like how the letters trail off into that dividing line on the road. Super cool!

2 Likes

Love seeing the different techniques to make a hoop! Lots of color and texture…look great!

2 Likes

This is AMAZING!! I LOVE the texture. And the color! Man…I just love it!

3 Likes

Love this, the textures work because it’s friggin’ nature! Multi-level nature! I love it. And lettering is hard, especially when it gets small, a cross between readable and artistic.

2 Likes

I love how textural your pieces always are… this just pops!

2 Likes

I love the colors, the layers, the textures, the road - it’s fantabulous!!!

2 Likes

I finished my stitch for the month! I have been walking around for DAYS with the new Weezer song in my head, so I had to stitch it out! Inspired by @Magpie’s wonderful scrappy affirmations.

13 Likes

Cool! and what a great way to incorporate words. Hmmm, I think I have letter stamps here somewhere…

1 Like

I love it, and the words and the switching…I love it.

1 Like

A lot of goodness packed into that stitching! Love that the fringe picks up all of the colors, too!

2 Likes

stitching! I hate typing on my phone with out-of-control autocorrecting. I love the word suggestions, but the correcting! INSANE.

P.S. I just turned off the autocorrect on my android phone. It still suggests words, but doesn’t auto correct…I love it!

5 Likes

I bought a new, lighter weight jeans jacket since my original one is a bit too hot and heavy for where I live now. I decided I wanted to decorate it all up but I really didn’t want to do all my stitching directly on the denim.

I found a 5 inch square of musical note fabric and decided to stitch something on that and then attach it later.

It fits the music theme. I was inspired by something I saw on LC, I think made by @Abbeeroad , so it isn’t super original, but it fits what I want the theme of my jacket to be…

11 Likes