Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

I love it! Such a classic song with a great message. Gotta love the Beatles. :heart: that jacket is going to be epic!

3 Likes

Just a friendly reminder that our drawing and winner announcement will be tomorrow!

2 Likes

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

Our winner for May and the lucky recipient of @jemimah’s awesome haul is…@AIMR! Congratulations!! You also get to pick our theme for June!

stitchalong capture

Our prize for June is being donated by the awesome @Magpie. I’ll let her tell you more about it!

First post will be updated when we have a new theme! :heart:

7 Likes

Cool beans!

How about this month we stitch something in our everyday life? It can be a can of Comet, the pattern in your curtains, the veggies in your fridge…look around and see what everyday things you can artify through stitching…take the common and put your spin on it! I have a few ideas already brewing!

10 Likes

I love it! Elevate the everyday! There’s inspiration everywhere!

4 Likes

I have come to appreciate the everyday items these last few years, as I am sure others have as well. Should be an interesting and challenging month of stitching!

4 Likes

Congratulations @AIMR!!

Everyone’s stitching is so beautiful and inspiring :sparkling_heart:

I’ve been missing participating in this thread. We’ve had lots of upheaval in our professional lives, and it is almost certain that we are going to be moving town very soon - so not much time for tranquil stitching. Maybe I can squeeze in a few hours … perhaps I could stitch a pile of moving boxes or a mound of paperwork!

6 Likes

Cool theme!

I’m offering a mounted floral piece using lots of different techniques for dimensional & textured stitches. Rainbow in honour of pride month!
I’ll just show a snippet of this example now that hoop’s been received.

Not this piece! But similar sort of flowers, a lil’ stumpwork…

12 Likes

I should make it a goal to learn more beautiful stitches…wow…those flowers are gorgeous…I do recognize the bullion stitch…yours are perfect!

4 Likes

Yes! I know it’s going to be so beautiful!!

I’ve narrowed down my June stitching ideas to six…think I will just pick from a hat.

3 Likes

I like the theme of this month. And maybe, just maybe, I will be able to do some stitching for the stitch along.

And I do like how you are going to do @AIMR , get a couple of ideas and then pick a random out of them.

3 Likes

I made a list of ideas, havent quite decided. Im working on another stitch, so no rush.

2 Likes

I was admiring the “flowers” in my grass as I was watering the parched grass. We don’t want to have it cut with this extreme heat to prevent it from burning up. It is a shame that dandelions are given such a bad rap…they really are quite lovely in all of their forms!

To fit the June theme, I added a hose to the scene, which is inspired by the thousands of dandelion stitching all over the internet.

The water is DMC etouille thread, which has some metallic threads woven through it. The background is something I have had in my stash for some time but never really had any plans for it.

13 Likes

Fabulous. I love dandies!

2 Likes

This is fantastic! A little snapshot…

1 Like

That background fabric is just perfect! I love the hose!

2 Likes

Oh @AIMR, I love this! What a great way to feature an under-loved flower!

2 Likes

I had just finished the cat when some of @AIMR 's dandelion fluff blew in…

15 Likes

I love it!!! It is so fun to see the patterned backgrounds…did you stitch the entire black cat or is some of it fabric?

2 Likes