Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

I’ve also added a surprise to my prize, so get those entries in!

1 Like

I got kind of hung up on the idea of doing a nose or ear or something, but eventually it occurred to me that I could be a little less literal.

post-posting revision, I took the flowers off. I like this much better.

The bee was drawn to the flowers by their color, but is confused by their lack of smell and flavor. She buzzes angrily and looks for something to sting!

more pix at Flower fabric collage

9 Likes

I love the colors and all the textures. And the bee was brilliant. Adds a nice whimsical touch to whimsical flowers.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic! dreamy colours!

1 Like

This is stunning!!!

1 Like

lol @Bajita …this is my newest great nephew this year…

8 Likes

EEEEE!!! Super cute!!!

3 Likes

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

Yay! It’s November!! We had four fabulous entries in October (yes, I’m counting you, @AIMR)! I put everyone into the wheel of names to be fair, but really wanted our new entrant to win…and she did!! So our October winner is @Bajita!! Woohoo!!

Congratulations @Bajita!! You win the awesome felt pincushion/needlebook from @AIMR and her bonus extra!! You also get to choose our theme for next month. I know you are new here, so if you need help, just let me know!

For November, I have the privilege of offering TWO prizes!!

First, the wonderfully generous @Magpie has offered one of her fabric gift bags with a personalized tag. Bag choices below:

Red & green are 6.5"x8", the blue one is 7"x10", the boxed bottoms are about 2". Bags are fully reversible, inside is solid green.

Prize will include a custom wool felt tag with a letter or a simple shape in colors of choice.

AND the amazingly talented @endymion has agreed to donate one of her Felt Cat Ornament Kits!! Here’s a little more info:

CAT KIT
Kit (designed and put together by me) to make your own retro Halloween cat felt ornament. Kit includes wool felt in 6 colors, patterns (that are already adhered to the felt for your convenience), tissue paper stitch templates, thread, beads, beading needle, stuffing, and detailed, illustrated instructions. All you need are some time and a good pair of scissors!

If we have enough entries, I will do TWO drawings. Otherwise, one lucky stitcher gets BOTH of these!!

I will update with a new theme when we have it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

woo-hoo! Congrats @Bajita ! Your yummy avocado was a feast for the eyes but I could still almost taste and smell it as well!

Wow–are you twisting people’s arms to get those prizes? They are fabulous!

2 Likes

Congratulations and welcome, Bajita!

Oh, that is fantastic! The pale line around the pit is super accurate, very cool detail!

2 Likes

Yay @Bajita !!

Haha…there might be a small amount of arm twisting involved. :wink: But actually, this crew is sooo generous and willing to give that it’s easy!! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you! :grinning:

Let me think on a good theme. I’ll post one later tonight!

2 Likes

The themes for November are peace and Native American culture. (Not necessarily together, you can choose to do one and not the other.)

Nov 17th is World Peace Day and November is Native American Heritage Month.

…and GO!

8 Likes

I love it! I love that we have 2 possible themes and 2 possible prizes this month!!!

4 Likes

This cracked me up today and i needed a good chuckle.

10 Likes

I have some succulents that look a lot like that. They have the weirdest blooms; 5" across, tan colored, look like kraft paper.

1 Like

Updated prize announcement above with actual photos of options for @Magpie’s reusable holiday bag!

4 Likes

Thank you, AIMR! My prize is wonderful!

My mushroom needlebook is perfect and filled with little goodies and I appreciate the scissors. I’ll be sure to put them and the hoops to good use. :heart:

Your card is gorgeous!

8 Likes