Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Beautiful!!! Fantastic prize…wow!!!

1 Like

I haven’t been very productive lately, but then got inspired.

Peaceful Dreams

the turquoise circle is appliqued onto the feather fabric, then embroidered with crewel yarn (because it was at the top of the embroidery supplies bag). I watched a video to learn the dreamweaving, and had to chuckle when she added Hawaiian puka shells and Chinese cloissone beads. A multicultural extravaganza!

7 Likes

The stitching is great

1 Like

Very cool!! Love the fabric and the peace sign behind the weaving!

So pretty!!

I’ve had this pattern pinned for some time so when the theme of “Peace” was chosen, I decided it was time to do it! I added some rose berries and glitter to make it more festive for the holiday season since I really have no place to hang it all year long!

The frame is actually a teal color…there is no black in the stitching either…dark teal. It is just gray and overcast today so I couldn’t get a better picture.

Close up of dove with glitter:

12 Likes

Nice work! I love the 3D effect of the letter over the wing.

Mine’s almost finished, I went with the peace theme too. We could really use that right now.

My co-worker and friend’s oldest son died last night. I am hoping that he is now at peace that he lost his battle with cancer. I don’t know what to say to my friend as I can’t imagine losing a child, even if he was 34. I looked at all of his pictures from the time he was a baby. I imagine all those who lost loved ones in our world.

Yes, we all need Peace more than ever.

5 Likes

how sweet! The dove, not your friend’s loss, of course.

2 Likes

Gorgeous AIMR! Beautiful stitching and sentiment - definitely needed. Love the glitter and berries you added.

I’m so sorry to hear of your friend’s loss. I also can’t imagine losing a child at any age or point in life.

4 Likes

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

It’s December! AHH!! Where did the year go?!? We are going to do things a little different for this month-end/start announcement. Since we only had 2 entries last month and both of our entrants opted to forego a prize, BOTH of the November prizes will roll over to December. We are also going to have a final, year-end drawing where EVERY member to enter a stitch in the stitchalong this year will be entered for a chance to win. The winner will receive BOTH of the prizes from November!!

As a reminder, the November prizes were:

Fabric gift bag with a personalized tag from @Magpie. Bag choices below:

Red & green are 6.5"x8", the blue one is 7"x10", the boxed bottoms are about 2". Bags are fully reversible, inside is solid green.

Prize will include a custom wool felt tag with a letter or a simple shape in colors of choice.

AND a Felt Cat Ornament Kit from @endymion:

CAT KIT
Kit (designed and put together by me) to make your own retro Halloween cat felt ornament. Kit includes wool felt in 6 colors, patterns (that are already adhered to the felt for your convenience), tissue paper stitch templates, thread, beads, beading needle, stuffing, and detailed, illustrated instructions. All you need are some time and a good pair of scissors!

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: :star: :sewing_needle: :thread: :star: :sewing_needle: :thread:

Additionally, we are going to switch things up a bit in January since our participation is a little low to sustain a monthly prize drawing. We’re discussing keeping the monthly drawings to choose the theme and moving the prize drawings to quarterly. I will be PMing those of you who offered prizes this year with a new schedule closer to the end of this month. If anyone has any additional thoughts for the stitchalong next year, I’d love to hear them!!

And lastly, the theme for December will be…ARTIST’S CHOICE! Have fun!

7 Likes

Oops :frowning: I finished something but forgot to post.

2 Likes

That’s ok. You can post it for Dec. I know the stitch is supposed to be from the month, but I would let this one slide since we didn’t have many entries last month and the new theme covers anything! Consider Dec an extension of Nov! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I finished up a stitch project I started at the beginning of the year…part of my rainbow buttons project to use up some of my buttons collections.

Here it is with the other two I finished…orange/coral and purple. Next year, I hope to do blues and greens.

15 Likes

I love these hoops! That extra large orange button is so cool!

2 Likes

I looove this!!

1 Like

So pretty! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks! Years ago I bought a bag of mixed colored buttons to make button flowers. A friend of mine must have seen the same thing and made me a whole bunch! I really didn’t know what to do with the buttons. Some I passed on to another friend, but I still have a jar left.

The large button is nearly 5 cm diamter!

3 Likes

Ooh, I love this!

1 Like

Buttons and embroidery and gift bags! All so fun. 'tis the season!

I’ve been sewing for the GD…I love it when they are small (she’s 3 almost 4)
Capes: Animal, Dragon, and Dinosaur Play Capes
Aprons: Daugher and Mom Paw Patrol Aprons
And Broni: Bronti the Stuffie Bronosaurus - #14 by marionberries

1 Like