LET'S SWAP NOW! (Dipping our toes in swapping on Lettuce Craft)

Oh this is exciting!!! I can’t wait to get back into the swing of it all.

3 Likes

@Smmarrt, how long will members have to craft?

Also, for this introductory period, we’re asking everyone to only assign one partner. I’m sorry that wasn’t clear; I’ll amend the first post. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It sounds like a lot of extra work to put together a temporary swap situation, and that is so thoughtful of everyone involved! Thank you!

6 Likes

Well, I said I’d take on the Ongoing ATC swap for a while when things started back up here, so unless we’re doing partnered swaps only for now, I can throw that into the mix.

5 Likes

Since the swap mods will have to keep track of all the current swaps, please hold off on ongoing swaps until we’re fully functional (and by “we”, I’m referring to both the site and the swap mods :rofl:)

Thanks for your understanding.

5 Likes

Let’s keep this particular thread only for swaps we are willing to claim, propose & organize ourselves. It will make it much easier on the Swap Mods when they create the voting poll. :heart:

We’ll keep the general swap ideas & brainstorming over here, though Swapping: Under Construction I’ll move the posts that were more general over to that one, too! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You know what? The more I think on it, I can handle organizing a masterboard swap. It’s pretty easy. The previous ones were you send (1) 6x6 to each partner.

For the purpose of this, and having one partner, you would send (4) 5x7 masterboards to your partner. That should fit in a 6x9 envelope, and one stamp or stamp plus extra ounce stamp should cover shipping.

11 Likes

Sorry!

1 Like

No need to apologize. :two_hearts:

1 Like

I know. But I did. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

1 Like

@Lynx, how long would your crafting period be?

1 Like

3 weeks please. Sorry, I meant to include that in my post.

3 Likes

I know there are a lot of great ideas here already but I’ll throw this one in tthe mix… I’m not the most experienced swap organizer but I did do a couple on the prior site, and they seemed to go on reasonably successfully (no flakes, thankfully). - under “cabaute” there if you want or need to check me :slight_smile:

I just ran across my small collection of patches recently and thinking that I need to make them into a bag soon, I would like to therefore propose another Teesha Moore style patch swap. If someone feels a strong sense of ownership on this idea because they’ve done the hosting previously, by all means speak up and I’d be happy to vote for the idea with you as the host as well! I tried to search the old site but couldn’t locate the swap threads for some reason. Likely PEBCAK. :slight_smile:

Probably a 3 week crafting period, I suppose?

Edited to add a link to one on the old site that I finally found via a good old fashioned Google search… I’d probably lift the swap specifics from here with all credit to Silvermoon (who doesn’t appear to have made the transition, at least not under the same name).

Also edited to add: items swapped would be 2 patches, each no larger than 5" in any dimension unless your partner specifies that they are ok with larger patches.

6 Likes

I had to look this one up. Love it!
It reminds me of the work by Mincing Mockingbird. Beyond the phrases on their work their fine art paintings have really sarcastic and thoroughly entertaining names. lol

https://www.mincingmockingbird.com/collections/troubled-bird

2 Likes

I love these!

2 Likes

I would definitely join another tm patch swap! I need MORE!!

3 Likes

@Cyn-energy what would each swapper send to their partners, i.e. a certain number of patches, or what?

1 Like

I would say 2 patches. I know these are sort of small-ish, but sometimes it’s hard to find enough inspiration (depending on the partner, their themes, the extent of info they provide, whether they have inspiration boards such as Pinterest, etc.), so 2 seems ‘do-able’ from that point of view since each person will have a single partner.

2 Likes

:banana: :banana: :banana: Go Bananas Swap :banana: :banana: :banana:
(Inspired by the wise words of our very own @sweets4ever)

“The DIY community support went bananas when IB made the announcement about Craftster closing. Absolutely BANANAS. But now we need everyone to KEEP going bananas! To cut right to the nitty gritty, for an online forum/community to thrive, it needs activity (from YOU)… We need everyone to be actively sharing projects, replying to each other, and supporting each other. Go bananas.” -sweets4ever, 12/23/19

Time to go absolutely bananas crafting for your very first Lettuce Craft swap partner! For this swap we will be making either:

1 Large crafted item. Something that you really go all out on crafting.
OR 3 Small-to-Mediums. Really go crazy crafting lovely things for them.

Plus 2 purchased small extras, based on your partners likes. Items like a favorite tea or candy, and maybe a craft supply, like a pretty skein of yarn you thought they’d like, or a cool pair of unicorn scissors you just couldn’t resist.

Time Period: 4 weeks of crafting time.

So what are you all waiting for? Let’s Go Bananas!

24 Likes

The Sweat Shoppe Swap

Everyone crafts 3 like items, and in return you will receive a different item from 3 different swappers. The item you offer should be worth about $7-10. Crafting time of 3 weeks.

2 Likes