LET'S SWAP NOW! (Dipping our toes in swapping on Lettuce Craft)

I know it will make an already difficult makeshift process even harder, but I hope the inaugural LettuceCraft Swap can be open to all. @Kwality570 is right - it’ll fill up fast if there’s a limit. And it would be great if everyone who wants to could participate. But maybe it’s better to have one or two limited swaps first before letting loose.

6 Likes

Yes, please! Once we get the database in place, the swap mods are going to be charged with entering in all the information for these first few swaps. Let’s save a big honkin’ swap like a LettuceCraft swap for later. Please and thank you. :smiley:

10 Likes

How about a One Tiny [whatever] to get going! Like, one tiny plushy, or one tiny house, or one tiny stitched hoop? Fast and easy to ship. Everyone makes one thing and one thing only.

11 Likes

@Camelama, are you volunteering to organize that swap? If so, how long is the swap time? And forgive me for not knowing, but have you organized a swap on Cster?

2 Likes

Sure for volunteering, say three weeks, and many years ago I organized a “tiny” swap.

2 Likes

Thanks to all our potential organizers for proposing such fun swaps! There are so many to choose from, and it’s time to vote!! Read all about it and vote here:

7 Likes

Yay. So hard to decide!

1 Like

Thanks you!! Yay for swapping! I voted.

1 Like

I had been telling myself that I couldn’t swap in April because of work, but next month’s work is uncertain like everything else, so I’m going to assume that I will be free to craft and go ahead. It makes it a win-win, sort of.

5 Likes

Hi, there! I’m totally a newbie to swapping but it sounds like so much fun! So, does this mean that I would choose a swap to join and then make crafts (hopefully leather if the material is not specified) to swap based on the theme. Can’t wait!

8 Likes

That’s pretty much it, in a nutshell. As a newbie swapper, you’ll be able to pick one swap at first, and once that’s done, up to five at a time (once we get the database up and running). You’ll love it!

6 Likes

@racky - thank you so much!!! :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Just want to comment that I’m excited to see swapping on the horizon!
This was probably the main thing that kept me connected to our old site & the folks
there (now here).
Can’t wait to see what the first couple of swaps look like, and hopefully down the road a bit I’ll be able to host the Spell My Name swap & it’ll be like old times :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m so eager to see what the five will be!

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

Results were posted in the poll thread :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Are we letting our youngest members swap or does swapping begin at age 16 like the previous site? It didn’t occur to me when talking about swapping with my daughter (and she voted) that she might not meet an age requirement yet. Can we allow them to swap with a parent permission? I know my daughter was excited about the 4x6 and the OTT swaps.

I was informed no solo swapping for kidlets. Sad but true.

Sorry, but we will continue to have the rule that you must be 16 to swap.

2 Likes