Lettuce Craft in Style at the Market

Thanks to @storerboughtcreation, I made the Lettuce Craft Cross Stitch Pattern. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it because I knew I had a collection of fruit and veggie fabrics…and one of those was fabric with lettuce!

After I did the cross stitch (with only a few mistakes), I “framed” it with some wood print fabric (also in my stash) and attached it to the lettuce fabric. Added some brownish linen to make it larger, about 16 x 16 inches. Lined it with some coordinating stripe fabric and ta-da…I had a new tote bag to take to the market!

The back is a repeat of the front, except without the Lettuce Craft logo…

Going to take it out for a test run tomorrow, so glad I got it done!

Thanks again, @storerboughtcreation for this collaborative project…

37 Likes

I love this so much!

1 Like

I’ll be stylin’ with my tote bag and bracelets! ha ha ha

3 Likes

Super cool! Now I need to learn how to cross stitch!

1 Like

Ooooh! Love it!

1 Like

HAH! This is so great! Love it :heart: :leafy_green:

1 Like

Fantastic!!! How perfect for a market bag.

1 Like

This is glorious!

2 Likes

So fun!!

1 Like

I love this! Did you use normal cross stitch fabric for that part? I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen lettuce fabric - it’s perfect! :laughing:

1 Like

Great way to spread Lettuce Love! :leafy_green::heart:

2 Likes

Yes…I followed the directions just as @storerboughtcreation had written except I made some mistakes in spacing…it is Aida 14 count fabric…

The lettuce fabric is part of a collection…I have all sorts of veggies and fruits…just hadn’t had any real projects I wanted to do…this was good timing…meant to be! :smiley:

2 Likes

I want a tote bag like that! Did you use a tutorial to make it? I love it!!!

3 Likes

I didn’t have a lot of the lettuce fabric so I added linen until I got a 16x16 square. From there, it is really a simple box tote…there are hundreds of patterns for free, but I have made these so long that I just do it…

I searched for one that was similar what I did once I made the right sized fabric by adding …but if you have enough fabric or don’t want two different fabrics, you can just add your cross stitch to a simpler tote…
Simple Lined Tote Bag

3 Likes

this looks great!

1 Like

Shopping in style! I love how you added ‘a little fabric here,’ ’a dash of fabric there,’ and like any good recipe, you ended up with a lovely end product :smile:.

2 Likes

Love it! Some of our shopping bags are getting a bit old, I should make some before before they break whilst shopping and need urgent (store bought) replacement.

1 Like

Not only does that look great, it also seems like it would be very sturdy. Perfect for veggie shopping! I love the striped trim at that top, excellent detailing. And how cool you used that cross stitch pattern! It’s so gratifying when someone tries out a tutorial you go to the trouble to share, and so quickly too! Nice one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So awesome! I love that you mixed crafts to make this one. Well done! :leafy_green::green_heart::infinity:

1 Like

Thanks…I like using linen because it washes well. I love the crumpled look of well worn things…I interfaced the fabrics to make it sturdier.

I also made the cross stitch patch as a separate part so that it could be easily removed and attached to something else if the bag wears out.

I am going to the Asian supermarket today to get some fresh veggies and roots, so it will get a good testing!

3 Likes