Lettuce Craft Stitchalong 2023

:sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time :sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread:

It’s February! Time for a monthly winner and a new theme!

Our winner for January is… @jemimah! You get to choose our theme for February AND you earned an entry into our quarterly prize drawing!! Congrats!! :tada:

10 Likes

Yay!! My theme for February is … Inspired by Music

You could stitch

• a favourite song lyric
  • or a musical instrument
  • or stitch an image inspired by a song
  • or just stitch whatever you like while listening to some music.

And please tell us what song is your inspiration! :musical_note: :guitar: :notes: :trumpet: :notes: :drum: :musical_note:

6 Likes

Excellent theme!!

2 Likes

My current stitch project is to decorate my fulled slippers. Tonight I did the top rose. It just looked sad with two small roses, but this is much better.

I’m not sure how to continue… Is it done? More roses? Something green?

I have the other slipper to decorate too, so I might be done next winter or so :sweat_smile:

Edit: Maybe some of these on the other slipper?

8 Likes

Beautiful, they look so cosy! I think some little green leaves would look great!

4 Likes

Hi all, in case you missed it, there’s a new site challenge!

4 Likes

It’s a bit more boring to stitch than I had experted, lots of greys and browns.

12 Likes

Is there more colour in some of the other months? It’s going to look so lovely with all the houses together :smile:

4 Likes

Yes, I think so, at least there were lots of bright colours listed in the key! But it’s a SAL of typically British houses so it’s not that surprising that there’s a large amount of greys and browns. The light isn’t great in our temporary accomodation so that doesn’t help either.

The houses are seasonal, so the first one (January - Edinburgh) has little colour and lots of snow, the second one is getting better (February - Harrogate) and I expect a bit more colour in spring.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing more pictures as it progresses :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Here’s my inspired by music stitch for Feb!

I have been going through my scrap piles lately for various projects and I came across this center square that was a cut off from a quilt block. The “sunshine” stamped scrap was a cast away from another project. When I put the two together I couldn’t get this song out of my head…so it became a little mug rug/coaster!

13 Likes

This is lovely!

2 Likes

Nice save on the “other projects” to make this!

You should enter it in the Quiltalong as well!

2 Likes

You definitely need some of our Bristol houses…

6 Likes

These are pretty, I hope they’re in the sampler! I’m still stuck at Harrogate but so far we’ve got Edinburgh, Harrogate, London and Belfast. I’m hoping for York as well, since that’s one of my favourite UK cities. York also wins the prize for best haberdashery shop in the UK, Duttons for Buttons.

2 Likes

Good to know for whenever I next venture that far North.

3 Likes

Those look like stripped down Victorians!
Or maybe like “little boxes on the hillside…”
Which both make me think of San Francisco.

2 Likes

:sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time :sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread:

And March marches in!

Our winner for February is… @Abbeeroad!

Our March theme will be…:houses: :synagogue: :mosque: Architecture Adventures! :european_castle: :japanese_castle: :classical_building:

Inspired by @Immaculata’s current needlework, the wonderful Bristol houses shared by @Renstar and the Architecture Adventures class I’m taking with Alisa Burke, let’s stitch up something inspired by the beautiful architecture around the world!

Some additional inspiration:

11 Likes

What an awesome theme!

2 Likes

Don’t forget that there is a prize awaiting at the end of the quarter!

What an interesting theme…I have a few ideas brewing!

3 Likes