Lettuce Craft Stitchalong 2023

No worries!

Inspired by books was a theme this past June. There is a list of all this year’s themes in the first post of this thread. I chose the last book theme, so I love it and wouldn’t mind repeating it! If you want to select something different though, feel free to adjust based on the list. I should have directed you there…I realize you are new to this thread!

2 Likes

Ok, I got it! I choose… something unexpected! Could be an unconventional technique, optical illusion, things in places they don’t belong, etc. :thinking:

11 Likes

Cool theme!

2 Likes

Love it!!

Great theme!!

Hope I will get something done this month, the days are going fast!

2 Likes

Just a little reminder as we head into the holidays: please don’t forget LC this year! We enjoy this place for all the fun swaps, inspirational craftalongs, and incredible inspirations. We have formed some lasting and amazing friendships. And we have done it cost-free. Please think about giving to show your support and love for this great community! Let’s keep this Craftalong going for years to come!

2 Likes

The unexpected element is stitching on paper.

12 Likes

This is so cool!!

1 Like

These leaves are so pretty!! Love the muted colours too.

1 Like

:sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time :sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread:

It’s December 1st! What?? Our Elf on the Shelf came today (:roll_eyes:) and the advent calendars have started here. What December traditions have you started or are looking forward to? Anyone have any stitching on their holiday list?

The winner this month is easy. :smile: We had one participant with a qualifying stitch… @steiconi!!! Congrats! You get to select our theme for December!

Remember we have our last quarterly drawing of the year at the end of this month! Get your stitches in!!

As a side note, how are people feeling about the stitchalong for 2024? Anything you’d like to change/remove/add? Do we still like the quarterly drawings? The monthly winners? I welcome any and all thoughts. :blush:

5 Likes

I started this just to have something to do at meetings and in the evenings. I’m not much for consitent.stiches :crazy_face: I drew the design on dissolvable stuff and some of the ink stained a bit. Did I grab the wrong pen at some point?

I do like it and now need to decide on what it will become.

8 Likes

Gorgeous stitching!!! Wow!

So the stitching is on top of the lines or a mix of both? It is lovely!

1 Like

Woohoo!

I think “Artist’s Choice” would be good for this busy time. Whatever you can find time for!

5 Likes

Excellent.

2 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed seeing what others have stitched, but I haven’t been able to participate as often as I wanted to. It turns out that I frequently plan my projects ahead of time and often simply don’t have enough spare crafting time to fit in ad-hoc projects. But I’ve really enjoyed participating in the months that I did! I love the idea of having to figure something out related to a monthly theme.

5 Likes

The November theme was a great one - I had so many ideas - but I completely failed to get any stitching done! Just too many things going on I suppose. I will keep persevering though :smile:

I love that piece @marionberries, it’s gorgeous!! Makes me want to try a similar technique.

I enjoy the stitchalong and I don’t have any suggestions for changes. Unless you want to add in some kind of time vortex arrangement where we can access a few extra days in each month for stitching?

5 Likes

I seriously wish!! :laughing:

3 Likes

Maybe we can do some small daily stitching projects, sort of like Thing a Day in February…nothing has to be finished…just some slow stitching or embroidery all month long? I could come up with some daily prompts if anyone is interested…you can do all or a few of them as you like?

3 Likes

So funny. I have been thinking of taking over the Thing a Day craftalong in Feb since Acadian hasn’t been around in a while.

I don’t know if daily prompts would help me do more stitching or not. I’m with everyone else in the group. I barely have time for the monthly prompts! Though maybe breaking it down into smaller tasks would help…idk. Maybe we try it for Jan and see how it goes?

1 Like