Lettuce Craft Stitchalong 2023

I was thinking that because of all the odd weather things happening, people forget how many beautiful things can be found in rain, clouds, etc.

So, my challenge to this group is to stitch up something that shows the beautiful side of “bad” weather: A gorgeous umbrella, a cloudy sky, rainbows (of course), etc. Be creative!

This is the gorgeousness I got from @kittykill that inspires me daily:

13 Likes

Beautiful theme!! I really want to get something in for this month :sewing_needle: :sun_behind_large_cloud:

2 Likes

Wonderful theme!!! :rainbow: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :umbrella:

2 Likes

I actually haven’t completely finished any of the houses yet… :wink:

2 Likes

Ah…gotcha! Your progress shot sure fooled me! :smile:

2 Likes

:alarm_clock: :fly: :fly: :fly: TIME FLIES WHEN YOU’RE MAKING THINGS :yarn: :scroll: :sewing_needle: :art: :birthday:

We’ve just over a day and a half until the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge closes! I just know some of you have completed some stitcheries that you have not given their own topic. Please share with us before Midnight on April 19 2023, US Pacific Time.

PeekChallengeApril2023

2 Likes

Not much time left in the month but I have a pattern picked out that I’m pretty excited about and I’m ready to start stitching! I think I can make it in time… :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I have my pattern all set to go, too! I just keep getting distracted by the hundreds of other things I see here that I want to make as well.

I hope I can find my my cloth that I wanted to use!

4 Likes

I started something! Let’s see if I can get it finished in the next couple of days …

3 Likes

I wanted to do a much larger hoop with flowers and rainbows but just did not have time. I found this simple image on the internet and decided that puddles in the rain are the best!

I used sashiko thread and navy linen. Definitely need to work on the evenness of my stitches…or, better yet, stick to my style of wonky stitching! :rofl:

Need to finish the frame and clean the pencil, but, for the most part, it is done!

15 Likes

Oh I love this!!! The simplicity is striking. I love the ripple effect with the sashiko stitching. A perfect pair.

2 Likes

Thanks…I really love sashiko but I struggle with even stitching, even using tiger tape or penciling in the designs. Practice makes perfect, I guess!

Now that I have posted for the theme, I turned the piece upside down and I am going to transform this into something else more my style… :rofl:…and it will still fit the theme, so I better get going!

4 Likes

Ooo! Intriguing!

1 Like

Love that! And look forward to your transformation for it :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s so cool! I love the simplicity of sashiko, it’s always so elegant.

I have nearly finished my piece for this month …

2 Likes

Finished!!

Fittingly, it’s a very grey wet day here today, so the lighting isn’t the best. I saw a couple of designs in the free DMC patterns that inspired me, but I decided to draw my own design for this.

14 Likes

Wow–all those French knots!! It’s a lovely color scheme on that background!

4 Likes

Wonderful!!! The fabric compliments your design so well!!

I finished mine too but have to wash off my pattern lines. I’ll get it posted tomorrow in the nick of time!

3 Likes

I turned the rain puddles upside down and stitched something more to my liking…

April Showers…

are now May Flowers!

18 Likes

What a cool transformation! It’s so bright and cheerful now.

3 Likes