Lettuce Craft Stitchalong 2023

Oh I love this!!! The simplicity is striking. I love the ripple effect with the sashiko stitching. A perfect pair.

2 Likes

Thanks…I really love sashiko but I struggle with even stitching, even using tiger tape or penciling in the designs. Practice makes perfect, I guess!

Now that I have posted for the theme, I turned the piece upside down and I am going to transform this into something else more my style… :rofl:…and it will still fit the theme, so I better get going!

4 Likes

Ooo! Intriguing!

1 Like

Love that! And look forward to your transformation for it :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s so cool! I love the simplicity of sashiko, it’s always so elegant.

I have nearly finished my piece for this month …

2 Likes

Finished!!

Fittingly, it’s a very grey wet day here today, so the lighting isn’t the best. I saw a couple of designs in the free DMC patterns that inspired me, but I decided to draw my own design for this.

14 Likes

Wow–all those French knots!! It’s a lovely color scheme on that background!

4 Likes

Wonderful!!! The fabric compliments your design so well!!

I finished mine too but have to wash off my pattern lines. I’ll get it posted tomorrow in the nick of time!

3 Likes

I turned the rain puddles upside down and stitched something more to my liking…

April Showers…

are now May Flowers!

18 Likes

What a cool transformation! It’s so bright and cheerful now.

3 Likes

Gorgeous! I love how the flowers look on the dark fabric!

3 Likes

Wonderful!!!

1 Like

Still some touch up to do but heres my “beautiful side of bad weather” stitch.

I actually love being cozy indoors on rainy days. I don’t feel guilty for being inside or doing nothing.

Pattern is from ParticularEmbroidery on Etsy. This is my 2nd pattern from the shop. Love their style.

17 Likes

Wow…the texture on that basket is fabulous! That is a cozy way to spend a rainy day…

3 Likes

That’s gorgeous! I love the 3D plant!

2 Likes

oh—I just saw the shadow…wow…that is wonderful, isn’t it!

3 Likes

This was my first time doing basket weave stitch and woven picot stitch (for the plant and basket). They were super fun!

4 Likes

Organized my floss (yes this is organized for me! :sweat_smile:) and cleaned out a ton of old/loose/small threads…ready for more efficient stitching!

14 Likes

Ok, I love the stumpwork plant action but OMG that thread pile made my heart leap! Tell me you’re doing something cool with that? If it went into the trash I can’t know! Eep!

4 Likes

Kirsten, Linda, your recents are lovely! I’m looking for topic posts to comment, are you gals making those? Abbee?

4 Likes