Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

I’ve got an Abbeeroad magnet on my fridge too! I love it!

5 Likes

Aw. You guys are so sweet. :blush:

I’m so glad you like everything @wittychild! Especially since it took me so long. Thanks for such a fun swap!! :smile:

4 Likes

So there is an @Abbeeroad magnet club!! That’s like a Badge and a Half!! :smiley:
So kewl!!

4 Likes

I have 2! They are so pretty & cheery. I’d happily cover the fridge in those :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That’s just gorgeous!

1 Like

@jemimah and I were paired in the Mini Pocket Letter swap and decided to do a personal swap on top. I requested a zipper pouch – maybe something to hold my bookbinding gear, which was still in its Amazon-original plastic :grimacing:.

Y’all, check it out. [Edit: I don’t know why the fabric looks all wavy. Will try to replace this photo when I charge my phone and have better light. Edit edit: Now it looks fine. IDK. I’m leaving now.]

Super vibrant and texty and just gorgeous! I’ve already put it to work.

Room to spare! Guess I need more bookbinding stuff :wink:. Thanks so, so much, Kirsten! I love it.

12 Likes

That’s really fun and functional, too!

3 Likes

Beautiful color combination…and that looks like a perfect zipper installation!

Where do you get your bookbinding threads? I need stronger threads…I had been using butchers twine but it frays and breaks after a bit…I have some books that need rebinding!

3 Likes

You threw me for a minute with the thread, but bookbinding is totally on brand. Lovely new pouch for your supplies!

3 Likes

Very nice!!! :smiley:

Looks like waxed linen threads?

3 Likes

I buy waxed thread for leather working on AliExpress, it’s somewhat thicker, but works well. Waxed dental floss works too, but you can’t get pretty colours

Lookee here, you can get waxed linen

€7.25 15%OFF | GALACES(YULE)ML055 Linen Ramie Waxed Thread String for Leather Sewing Lined Waxed Thread for Leather Stitching
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0WVrEa

4 Likes

I’m so glad you like it @megwell!!

I’m on the road in Aotearoa / New Zealand visiting family this week. I’m hoping your mail will be in my mailbox any day - I’ll keep reminding Mr jemimah to check it! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Everything you see here was part of a starter kit I got for Christmas. That Amazon listing is “currently unavailable,” but this one looks very similar – as in probably the same thing.
https://www.amazon.com/Bookbinding-findTop-Large-Eye-Handmade-Supplies/dp/B07SFTWPHX/ref=dp_prsubs_sccl_1/136-2336082-6694656?pd_rd_w=iou5h&content-id=amzn1.sym.7df936a4-0c8f-4c2c-ae82-092487072d30&pf_rd_p=7df936a4-0c8f-4c2c-ae82-092487072d30&pf_rd_r=HC6PRJKB0WF2ZVWNR2EQ&pd_rd_wg=3AEIl&pd_rd_r=d5dac64c-777a-4fc2-a3eb-2459a5df34cb&pd_rd_i=B07SFTWPHX&psc=1

For no more than I’ve done, I’ve been really happy with it. As for thread on its own, I haven’t really shopped that. But I want some brighter colors, so stay tuned, I guess.

3 Likes

Yeah, probably not joining the stitchalong any time soon :laughing:. Also on brand: I chucked the now-redundant old packaging in my junk box for hypothetical future paint smushing.

@Harlan I think it is waxed linen; that’s what the listing said, at any rate. It’s certainly waxy, which is the main thing.

4 Likes

Nice set!! Good set of tools!!

Looks like the waxed linen thread I have - :smiley:

I am over the moon! @Kwality570 and I did a personal swap, and I’m blown away by the surprise she sent.

:exploding_head:
:star_struck:

It’s a sketch book with a wonderful, scrappy, removable cover in all my favorite colors. I love that she incorporated fabrics with arty things (scissors, paint, etc.) The pink stitching! The fun ribbon tie! It’s just glorious.

The card is pretty cool, too. Lots of metallic gold sheen. I love it!

Thanks so much, @Kwality570! When you said you’d send “a little thing”, I could not have guessed it would be this book and card.

14 Likes

Amazeballs! Woo, would ya look at those fabrics!

3 Likes

LOVE that scrappy cover!!! All the scraps look so carefully arranged - it’s art! :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow @Kwality570, that is just gorgeous!!

3 Likes

Love love love!!

2 Likes