Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

@AIMR is a very sneaky, funny, generous friend.

I have plans for that ant fabric! And don’t worry, I was careful about the pokey bits! :joy:

10 Likes

lol When I heard you had given your beloved purple thang to your sweet sister, I knew what had to be done! lol

Even if you don’t use the pins for the intended purpose of numbering quilt rows, etc, they are plain nice long pins! :slight_smile:

@Pigeon was in on the secret of the ant fabric…I told her I was sending it to you in the ZOOM…and of course, who makes better use of the mushroom theme than you!!! lol

4 Likes

She told me when it arrived, that sneaky little secret keeper! Well, surprises have always been a fun family tradition here, I’m happy she got to participate in this one :laughing:

4 Likes

I wonder how many of us have purple thangs.

I do, but haven’t had the opportunity to put it to a lot of use lately.

2 Likes

I have three in my crafting room, one in my kitchen junk drawer drawer and one in the garage. I use it a lot to poke out corners, put fabric through my sewing machine, finger press seams, poke in stuffing, etc. It is the modern version of a good old fashion stick tool used by our ancestors! lol

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a purple thang in my life.
Where does one acquire such a handy tool?

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of it either!

2 Likes

Me neither, until they started popping up here!

2 Likes

Your lives are about to change for the better! After using a Thang, skewers etc just will not do. It’s the simplest thing, really, but it is a revelation!

1 Like

We got a parcel from my mom today, she sent it with this fantastic quilted card @Thimbles sent as a gift for mom’s 70th when we pranked her with 70 giraffe presents, lol.

13 Likes

Oh, my gosh, I had completely forgotten about the giraffe project! I loved making these so much!

7 Likes

One tool I made for myself ages ago and still love best for stuffing things is a long wooden chopstick the end of which I narrowed and put a notch at the tip! There was a time when I was stuffing a lot of dragon legs and it was a great tool!!

Purple thang is also very useful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Thimbles!! You’re here! It’s so good to see you!!!

2 Likes

Yay! So nice to see you :). I hope you got the mail I sent a little while ago. I miss you!

1 Like

I miss you, too!!! So nice to see you pop up like that!

2 Likes

I received a really fantastic book from @seeuudee in the recent mini journal swap. One of the pages had the most incredible 3-dimensional embroidered sunflower with all these glorious french knots and detached woven picot petals, just WOW! I mentioned feeling tempted to take the page out to wear somehow and OMG just LOOK what came in the mail for me!

We aren’t even swapping, she just made this for me randomly on a whim!

Holy cats, the sheer talent, exceeding generosity, and kindness of heart. Made me tear up a bit, I gotta say.

I’ll reply but mail but for now, I couldn’t possibly say thank you enough times for your lovely gift. I will treasure it.

17 Likes

It makes me so happy that you love it :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow! That is gorgeous!

2 Likes

That is so beautiful! The flower AND the gesture!

2 Likes

I loved seeing the flower book with all of the different crafting skills you have @seeuudee…and this truly shows off the best of the best…it is gorgeous in form, color, texture…very touching for your to remember @magpie’s comment and do this for her…it is fabulous!

3 Likes